Weta Workshop miniature world

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Weta Workshop miniature world

Post by dice4hire » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:30 pm

I can agree with that!! I would love to see the pics!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 pm

i skipped this, but can't wait to see what people come up with. (I secretly hope Sorn backed this for that very reason! :) )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:56 am

We went in for the old town and ruins, great for war gaming.
The roofs for the oldtown will make great buildings in their own right.

PM may result in more ruins - though storage is an issue :(
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Went in for $1 and will see what options will exist in the PM. Still too undecided to lock down a choice.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Yeah, honestly I don't see using the interiors very often, they would be more for set pieces for encounters. Similar to how I use the Dwarven Forge City and Castles.Often we build for interior (no roofs) or exterior use but not as often both since the insides generally need to be bigger in proportion to how they look on the outside, similar issue with Hagglethorn. But these will look super cool for outside encounters.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Down to just hours, and I’m still sitting on $1 and torn about what to do. I love ALL these designs, but don’t have space to store it all. I’m kinda waffling between Guildhall & Tower, and Ancient Ruins.

My one issue with many of the building designs is you lose a third of what should be playable space because of how those giant roofs are constructed. Look at that Tavern - come on, the way the prototypes are cast it’s clearly 2 pieces, you can see the seam. If you could remove that top part of the roof and access the upstairs, it would be so much cooler. Several other buildings are similar, you could gain a whole third floor.

It makes me want to wait for the 3D files they’ve talked about for those particular buildings - because I can mod PLA, but I can’t slice Resin. I could just print it sliced into 2 chunks, and do a little old fashioned interior decorating for those top floors.

But I really want to support their physical rewards campaign in some amount. So I’m leaning towards Ancient Ruins, because I feel like it’s the most “complete” set that there’s very little I’d change about, and those cool gate faces are also great. Gotta plan for more wall sections if I get that, of course.

On the other hand, I love those crooked round roof spires and all the little totems too. Decisions...

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Yeah, Caverns is gonna be crazy painful, if I think about it too much I might bail again on Hagglethorn! lol! :D

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:45 am

I jumped in for $1 in case they open up the hovel and and hut in the PM. Can't justify the storage space for the larger pieces, but those two would make nice additions to Dreadhallow, weirdo building near edge of town, etc., etc.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:16 am

I decided I am in for at least a Ruins set, +probably a Tavern add on and art book.
I might get some smaller add one as well if available in the pledge manager (cottage, huts).

If I hadn’t overspent on Caverns Deep I’d like to back this artist more. The work looks great, although the reality is that I will use the Caverns Deep pieces more.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 am

I've gone back and forth on this one like 20 times! I think I'm actually gonna do it! Just one Hagglethorn Hollow full set, I think it's around $800 USD or so.

It's a ton of cool buildings and extra stretch goals, all painted which is key for me, my hobby/painting time is limited so I have to be selective about what I take on. I don't have any MBA stuff (other than the cool rope bridge) and a few 4Ground ones so I think these could be used for some pretty cool scenes.

Plus they got a bit of the funky 70's S&S vibe going on that is my guilty pleasure.

Return to “Gaming Talk”