KS: The GÅRDBÛK Shrine: Wargames Winter Complete Terrain Sets

This is an area to discuss topics related to gaming.
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS: The GÅRDBÛK Shrine: Wargames Winter Complete Terrain Sets

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:31 am

We got our pledge just before KS6.66 hit the streets.

We are impressed :)

We were a little wrried about the trees, and while they are no Dreadhollow and are simple, they are pretty effective especially when grouped together.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:23 pm

The lava stuff look cool and may go well with DF KS 6.66

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:58 am

ChrilleT wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 am
The GÅRDBÛK Shrine 2 is on kickstarter now. Is there anyone here that got the first one that have some insight into how good their finished terrain pieces and customer support is? They are not 100% funded yet but they should get there before the kickstarter ends.
I ordered a set of trees from the first KS, but they have not arrived yet. I am told that they have disappeared in transit, they are looking in to it, and will send me another set if they cannot locate them soon.

I will report if/when I receive them.

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 am

The GÅRDBÛK Shrine 2 is on kickstarter now. Is there anyone here that got the first one that have some insight into how good their finished terrain pieces and customer support is? They are not 100% funded yet but they should get there before the kickstarter ends.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 pm

marcoreds wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:04 am
Riley wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:44 pm
This stuff looks great, but they only have one prior successful KS under their belt, and it looks like they're still in the process of getting that shipped out...
After all, KS should be about helping new producers affirm themselves, not just estabilished ones.
It doesn’t seem a scam to me, I’ll gladly risk 100$ on it, I wouldn’t pledge 4K.
GODofwar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 pm
I can do a 60% imitation with Junkyard Dog techniques spray paint and some spot-spray or touchup in two hours...for about 1/100th the price of the whole set.
You have mad skillz! I wouldn’t by far be able to create their top set for 4$ materials in two hours...
I’ll have to resort to pledging and let them do for me what I want, for their price, which does seem reasonable compared to what I see around.
Believe me, Junkyard Dog technique would not look as good as theirs...but it would be 60% as good. Its all about learning how to use the HotWire Foam cutters fast, and how to spray most of the color.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

ZayrZas
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ZayrZas » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks Rabbit!
I was able to snatch the last early bird skirmish pledge. Maybe I could do the same with a lot of time (I am very slow painter) but getting things ready to play is just so much more fun for me :D

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:04 am

Riley wrote:
This stuff looks great, but they only have one prior successful KS under their belt, and it looks like they're still in the process of getting that shipped out...
After all, KS should be about helping new producers affirm themselves, not just estabilished ones.
It doesn’t seem a scam to me, I’ll gladly risk 100$ on it, I wouldn’t pledge 4K.
GODofwar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 pm
I can do a 60% imitation with Junkyard Dog techniques spray paint and some spot-spray or touchup in two hours...for about 1/100th the price of the whole set.
You have mad skillz! I wouldn’t by far be able to create their top set for 4$ materials in two hours...
I’ll have to resort to pledging and let them do for me what I want, for their price, which does seem reasonable compared to what I see around.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:13 am

Riley wrote:
Rabbit,

Have you received any of their prior terrain, via KS or otherwise?

Thanks.
Not yet, though we backed originally because, the stuff looks great, but also that they have an established web store, where they sell tabletop terrain and do commissions for entire boards.

Ended up talking to them a fair bit during their original failed KS, which they admit was a little ambitious. This KS is similar but aimed at KillTeam players so smaller boards 4x4 and smaller rather than the 6x4 boards they had in their original KS.

So for us they are more than worth a little trust :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 pm

Thanks, Rabbit, this is nice stuff to see, but truth is this is hand-made stuff at high prices. I can do a 60% imitation with Junkyard Dog techniques spray paint and some spot-spray or touchup in two hours...for about 1/100th the price of the whole set.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sund
WeaselWarGod

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Rabbit,

Have you received any of their prior terrain, via KS or otherwise?

Thanks.

Return to “Gaming Talk”