Epix Haven

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Re: Epix Haven

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 am

Great, thanks! Those are fantastic pictures! I like how seamless it looks to fit with the various DF elements.

And are there two different towers? Amazon has a Corner Tower that's $10 more than the freestanding tower, but they both look the same.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 am

Awesome, I love the two versions of walls together.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 24, 2018 3:55 am

Fu-Man Chu wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm
Is the retail price $59.99? Or is that the sale price?

And I see the watchtower is now listed as on sale. Anyone have that? Worth it?
We looked yesterday and nothing was available.

We backed their original Kickstarter and got the castle - 4 sets of walls, four corner towers and a massive gatehouse. We have since then added 2 more sets of walls and two of the Tudor houses.

This stuff is really nice and hefty and have the best packaging we have ever seen. Remember when backing it - it was expensive but looked amazing and we backed it almost hoping it would not fund, which it did 'barely' but when it arrived 'WOW!'.

This stuff is so good in the hand or on the table as its too heavy to keep in your hand too long ;)
Here are some random pictures of builds incorporating these magnificent castle pieces.

The last two highlight a cool fact of the walls, in that one set of walls is in fact two wall sections that can be built at single or double height - the first wall being single height and the third one being double height.

You get access to inside the walls and all level of the towers and gatehouse.

Apologies we don't have a standalone Watchtower :(

We cant recommend this stuff enough if your looking for quick build castle variety. Though not as modular or flexible as DF castles they look and play amazing. But like a lot of high quality products they come with a high quality price - though there have been several sales as unclebilly has pointed out (Twice!).
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Wed May 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Fu-Man Chu wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm

I have all of it and love it all. This is the video I watched that sold me on getting some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUK9DXgIOCM&t=348s

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks, I just bought one of these tudor houses to try. Too bad there were no walls, but I have a bunch of castle builder stuff anyway.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 am

Oldent wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am
I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.
I think your probably right - we just don't have any MBA - until the Shanty KS comes through but that is not really applicable ;)
Oldent wrote:
My main point in all of this is resin will hold up with reasonable care.
Totally agree :)
and if we are honest the odd chip just adds character especially with a touch of paint.
Oldent wrote:
It was a beautiful presentation. He did not have enough zombies for a long game. I would have loved to have played.
Don't you hate that!?
When you make as fabulous a build as that and then run out of zombies!

Oldent wrote:
Link to Steve Smith's video
https://www.facebook.com/steven.smith.7 ... ater&ifg=1
Sadly the video would not appear for us :(

Fabulous build though, MBA do make some nice carrots.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am

I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.

I saw this product for the first time in person at CMON Expo over the weekend in Atlanta. The Gentleman packed it up and drove down from D.C. The product is resin with detailed interiors removable sections and roofs.

I was not able to get into agame it was filled up during pre registration. I have involved myself in this kind of logistical nightmare too many times to do it with MBA.

My main point in all of this is resin will hold up with reasonable care.

It was a beautiful presentation. He did not have enough zombies for a long game. I would have loved to have played.

Link to Steve Smith's video
https://www.facebook.com/steven.smith.7 ... ater&ifg=1
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 am

Ok so did some quick pictures of a two story CBS and roof with a Epix Haven tudor house

As you can see the Epix Haven house is much bigger compared to the CBS - though you could obviously build a bigger CBS house.

One last photo to show just how big the roof is.

And given their size they are heavy if moving as a whole (Ground, first floor and roof).
As pointed out they are resin, but so far had no problem with any chipping, maybe our furry paws are more gentle on resin and we are careful using them and try hard not to bash them against each other.
But dwarvenite they are not so some chipping through use is to be expected.

Overall very happy with them and now that our games room has been rearranged and the gaming table cleared, looking at integrating our Epix Haven Castle and houses with DF CBS and Castles :)
But don't hold your breath, got lots of other room in the warren that apparently require 'rearranging'.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat May 12, 2018 12:18 am

oddbender wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:17 pm
I also got this most excellent Tudor House. And while I agree with our lagomorph friend that it's gorgeous; it's still resin. Within minutes of opening it had chips in the black paint on the roof from it slipping as I put in on top of the house. So just a word of warning, be very gentle with this piece, Dwarvenite it is not.
This is my main issue. People think I am exaggerating, but my daughter really is abnormally strong for her age. When we took her in for an occupational therapy session they asked her to bring over the smallest weights, she brought both at once. She then proceeded to bring both at once going up one size at a time until the wide eyed therapist confessed she would need help putting the last two back since she can't get them on her own. She is usually very careful, which is good, so she doesn't harm other kids her age. But she gets too excited with minis sometimes. This ends badly with resin. Sometimes with pewter even. Hell, the kid accidentally tore one piece of Dwarvenite. I still let her play with Dwarvenite, the tear seems to be a one off (trying to take apart a house she built with city builder, now she asks me to help). I do buy some resin stuff, but I am reluctant to spend on buildings unless they are truly exceptional. I have limited storage space that will remain out of her reach until she can better control herself with my toys.