Epix Haven

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Epix Haven

Post by dice4hire » Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm

All this is nice, but I shudder to think of the shipping cost to Japan. Those whole towers must come in very impressively large boxes.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Oldent wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 am
period3 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am
I like those houses. Are they MBA? I can't seem to find any quite like them on the MBA website. A new product?
No they are more detailed than MBA and do not blend with MBA very well.
Sorry, I do not recall the company name 8-)
Hmm, maybe tabletop world:
http://www.tabletop-world.com/

Very nice stuff, but unpainted and very expensive.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu May 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Magniopi wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm
The $60 and $70 price on Amazon right now is much better than their usual price. I bought mine on sale for around $100 and was happy with them. I don't need more, but kind of want to buy another free standing tower just because that price is so good.
That is a good price!
I did not have a lot of room left. I still want the new drawbridge. I may pick up more tower hoarding too.

I do not have the new tall walls and tower and gate. I wanted to fill in the collection and make sure I could get the new tower house.

I have enough walls for a good sized town but prefer smaller castles

This one takes up the most storage space. It is about time for another big game. I think I will run the Alamo next. I sometimes wish for some cool new stuff. Epix looks very nice :!:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm

The $60 and $70 price on Amazon right now is much better than their usual price. I bought mine on sale for around $100 and was happy with them. I don't need more, but kind of want to buy another free standing tower just because that price is so good.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Thu May 24, 2018 4:02 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:51 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 am
Awesome, I love the two versions of walls together.
Yea that is what I liked also. With the Epix stuff and DF stuff you can make it look like one set of walls are from the old town days and the others are something that has been added to the town.
Cool thanks all. And are the listed prices on Amazon the sale prices you mentioned in OP?

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Thu May 24, 2018 3:51 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:24 am
Awesome, I love the two versions of walls together.
Yea that is what I liked also. With the Epix stuff and DF stuff you can make it look like one set of walls are from the old town days and the others are something that has been added to the town.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Fu-Man Chu wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 am
Great, thanks! Those are fantastic pictures! I like how seamless it looks to fit with the various DF elements.

And are there two different towers? Amazon has a Corner Tower that's $10 more than the freestanding tower, but they both look the same.
The one on the front wall (wall 1) is a Corner Tower and the other on wall 3 is the Gatehouse.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Thu May 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Fu-Man Chu wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 am
Great, thanks! Those are fantastic pictures! I like how seamless it looks to fit with the various DF elements.

And are there two different towers? Amazon has a Corner Tower that's $10 more than the freestanding tower, but they both look the same.
The corner tower has openings on two sides that match with the wall pieces. The free standing tower does not.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu May 24, 2018 9:07 am

period3 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am
I like those houses. Are they MBA? I can't seem to find any quite like them on the MBA website. A new product?
Oldent wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am
I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.

I saw this product for the first time in person at CMON Expo over the weekend in Atlanta. The Gentleman packed it up and drove down from D.C. The product is resin with detailed interiors removable sections and roofs.
No they are more detailed than MBA and do not blend with MBA very well.
Sorry, I do not recall the company name 8-)

The small tower roofs blend well with MBA

Rabbitburner mentioned the new MBA large towers. I don't have them.

I only have a DF large tower. I have not painted it yet.

ADA (Anti Dragon Artillery)

I did not get in on the Epic Haven because I have no more room/storage space for castles
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:10 am

Oldent wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am
I think the Epix Haven style blends better with Miniature Building Authority than CBS.

I saw this product for the first time in person at CMON Expo over the weekend in Atlanta. The Gentleman packed it up and drove down from D.C. The product is resin with detailed interiors removable sections and roofs.