Resin Inventory Spreadsheet

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Resin Inventory Spreadsheet

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:34 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 pm
Perhaps put it on Google Drive? Is it compatible with OpenOffice?
If we find that it is actually use-able and can get it in a cleaner form, I will post a link to the file in this thread so that a wider audience can have it. :-)

edit: I have not tried open office. Need to take some time to get a copy.

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:23 am

PM sent

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Perhaps put it on Google Drive? Is it compatible with OpenOffice?
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Resin Inventory Spreadsheet

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:50 pm

As some of you may be aware I dabble in Excel.

Last year I started to merge my KS5 pledge spreadsheet format with my inventory spreadsheet to create a more useful inventory sheet. Earlier today I ran across this draft and thought that someone might find it useful. It is set up for Resin Sets only and It is not complete as it is really a test (although it is close). If anyone is interested in looking at it, I would be interested in feedback so that I can either finish it or scrap it.

In its current form it does require MS Excel (and it functions on any version from 2010 through 2016 - Maybe even 2007 but I no longer have a copy of it to test on). This requirement on excel has to do with dependent dropdowns. I found that this can be done in google sheets but it requires a script and I have not looked at how to do that yet. Alternatively a single dropdown list would be... unwieldy... as there are many many add-on sets that make the list very long.

Anyway... to try to make the wall of text shorter.... if you would like to play with it send me a pm with your email and I will send it to you... the forum will not allow posting a file with a .xlsx extension. And even if they did, it is probably too large with all the data I have in it.