KSV sets already on ebay?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KSV sets already on ebay?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm
Those kind of people prey on ones too lazy to do proper research.
Good selling practice or just preying on the weak willed and needy. Probably both :)

Got to love capitalism ;)
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 pm

Those kind of people prey on ones too lazy to do proper research.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:51 pm

I just went back to check on these KS5 sets on eBay. I was surprised to see that some of them sold at those prices. But even more surprising is that the seller raised the prices after the initial sale.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 am

Well, all sets are technically limited, but resin seems to be a lot more limited......
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 am

geekjeff wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm

What will bug us is, if Resin Catacombs 2 sets are sold on ebay immediately they are delivered, as they are a limited production run and those purchased for Ebay is stopping a buyer who might actually want to use them for their intended purpose and not just to make money :evil: .
Clarification: the Catacombs 2 sets from this production run which were available through preorder may have sold out, but they are in no way a limited production item and have never been advertised as such. They will most definitely be reordered.

I know DF gets frustrated when high demand resin sets sell through quickly and show up inflated on eBay, which is part of why they are often limited to 1 per customer per set. In some cases they'd like to have more in inventory but the limiting factor actually endsup being production capacity at the factory which handles resin.

As for that DoD quick flipper, IMO... they can do what they like with the sets they paid for, but good luck to them at that price. I think they way overshot and won't find any takers.
Fair clarification :)

and to be fair it was not clear that there would be limited numbers available on this production run.

So maybe were are just a little frustrated that we did not get to preorder a set - but then we are kinda hoping there will be some catacombs in KSVI.

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm

They had a preorder promo right on the DF home page.

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JalanDa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:43 pm

were catacombs restocked in june. I never saw them posted ?

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm

What will bug us is, if Resin Catacombs 2 sets are sold on ebay immediately they are delivered, as they are a limited production run and those purchased for Ebay is stopping a buyer who might actually want to use them for their intended purpose and not just to make money :evil: .
Clarification: the Catacombs 2 sets from this production run which were available through preorder may have sold out, but they are in no way a limited production item and have never been advertised as such. They will most definitely be reordered.

I know DF gets frustrated when high demand resin sets sell through quickly and show up inflated on eBay, which is part of why they are often limited to 1 per customer per set. In some cases they'd like to have more in inventory but the limiting factor actually endsup being production capacity at the factory which handles resin.

As for that DoD quick flipper, IMO... they can do what they like with the sets they paid for, but good luck to them at that price. I think they way overshot and won't find any takers.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:16 pm

I have no problem with someone reselling KS sets on ebay. I do have a problem with store buyouts. And this is coming from someone who resells.

I think the current listings on ebay are too high. We'll see if someone bites. It appears to be someone with a high ebay feedback and an ebay store, so it was likely a "whale" who is trying to cash in a little.

I used to buy an extra 10 sets of the KS sets (or the largest pledge) to subsidize my pledge. In KS1 and KS2 it almost covered my entire personal pledge. In KS3 it was a lot less, and then the KS got so expensive I couldn't front the cash to resell anymore at over $5k per year in pledge dollars. Now I just buy/sell collections. :(
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:50 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 am
That is some markup. They know they need to hit ebay before DF has them in the store that will be the only way to make money. More power to them this has never bothered me at all. The set sold on ebay where just more money that went into the KS that help get me more stretch goals :)
We are with uncle on this one .

The seller stumped up the cash in the KS and in doing so helped all the backers. So its up to them what they do with their sets - even if some of us have not got our yet!