DEBORAH ANN WOLL Launching Her Own DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Show

John D
Orc
Orc

Re: DEBORAH ANN WOLL Launching Her Own DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Show

Post by John D » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:33 am

Well, I for one, did not see this coming...
at all.

I hope they use minis and DF.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: DEBORAH ANN WOLL Launching Her Own DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Show

Post by zenako » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:07 am

It promises to be interesting. She has DM'd other game sessions on the WotC Twitch channel during some special sessions/product releases and had played in some mini-campaigns that have been broadcast (Force Grey comes to mind). She was just a quest this past week on Critical Role. Not sure, but I suspect the cancellation of Daredevil led to some free time for her.

I am curious how many of the players listed in that game are also from one of the home games she runs? It will also be interesting to see if the broadcasts are about an hour each time or complete play sessions that could run 3-4 hours (or more). Smaller/shorter game broadcasts like the Dread (Ivan Van Norman)and Titansgrave (Wil Wheaton) had some success in just an hour or less format. That might be a more digestible presentation to a larger market. Those programs also looked to have shot the entire seasons run in a handful of days, while a open-ended game like CR just does a new live show for 3-4 hours each week, and that can be a hard time nut to crack.

The combined Alpha Channel and the Geek&Sundry/CriticalRole Twitch channels are starting to take over a number of nights each week in our household.

If you could not already guess, we support the Alpha and Twitch Channels listed above as active fans and backers.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

DEBORAH ANN WOLL Launching Her Own DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Show

Post by unclebilly » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”