Monster Terrain

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Re: Monster Terrain

Post by scott102303 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 am

I have 10 sets and a couple wells. I likely will only get one of everything offered and round out with trees, which I don't have much of. I'm going to get two bush sets combined for one of the big sets - I like that they offered that option near the end. I have Dreadhollow coming, but believe there is use for me to have these also for a quick build, easier transport and some variety. As to which sets I like the least - probably the rocks. Like many, I would have liked a set of downed trees but will settle for 1-2 scatter terrain.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am

Oldent wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm
I think this is a very cool Kick starter. I like the swamp accessory set the best. It reminds me of William's set.The LED crystals are also nice. I am going to pass because I already have too many trees.
I am in for mostly trees, as I have too few.

Right now I have

4 Dungeon Crawler treant trees
16 small christmas pine trees Kitenerd sent me
2 medium sized trees i got at a dollar shop

Soon to have
4 small and 2 large DF KSVI trees
At least 9 and probably twelve Monster trees.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 am

I hope to add nothing in the PM. I am in for a set each of the oddly colored trees, but unsure exactly what to do with the last two sets. Might go for a pond set or two. Maybe broken ground. Dunno now.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 am

We went in at Campaign but not just for trees - going to a few trees at the backend of the year :)

But also for Barren ground, barricades and maybe some desert rocks. Hoping to resist the urge to add more in the PM.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm
I got an EB War pledge and am thinking of something like this, though I need to tweak it a little as I have more trunks than canopies:

Capture.JPG
I am sure I am going to have to do something similar with my EB War pledge as well, just had not given it any thought until the PM comes out sometime in the next few weeks. Also looking to limit how much I add in the PM as well.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I like the pink trees, but I am not sure pink leaves make sense. I hope DF sculpts some blossoms. That might get me to buy into their tree system.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

I think this is a very cool Kick starter. I like the swamp accessory set the best. It reminds me of William's set.The LED crystals are also nice. I am going to pass because I already have too many trees.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

I got an EB War pledge and am thinking of something like this, though I need to tweak it a little as I have more trunks than canopies:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.2 KiB) Viewed 430 times
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 pm

I ended up in for a couple hundred, five sets and should be happy with that amount. At the end I looked at these trees and the KSVI trees DF is offering and made a choice.....

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Me, personally, I do not like the blue trees so much. They look too fairy-tale-ish to me.

That said, I still might have one or the other setting where those blue trees could add some point of special interest to the build. The autumn trees in the opposite do look nice, but do not work for me as just a few. I would need to have the entire table covered autumn-style. And that will not happen because I only intend the trees to complement my Dreadhollow.

Therefore I opted for a pink tree set, a blue tree set, one set of 6 green treetops (for stacking and building larger green trees), a rock set, a broken ground set and a barricade set. Plus many add-ons like well and crystals.

For the barricades, I hope they double up as fences, because I also have two docks sets from KS6, which look nicer.

So overall I agree that not all the sets are really strong. But for me: strong enough, still.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”