Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Monster Terrain

Post by Riley » Sat May 11, 2019 3:56 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:01 pm
Monster Fight ClubCreator

If you are at a tier with a higher discount, it would be the same for all the add-ons.
500/15=33.33
40-33.33=6.67
6.67/40=16.7% discount on add-ons for the 15-set pledge level.

Nice!

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sat May 11, 2019 2:01 pm

So I asked them about getting an additional pledge added to mine instead of just doing addons and this was there response.
Monster Fight ClubCreator

@Uncle Billy - Great News. We have been able to the up the discount tiers in the pledge manager to match the pledge levels. So, what that means is that if the discount rate on your pledge level was 10%, then all additional sets would be able to you in the pledge manager at the same discount. If you are at a tier with a higher discount, it would be the same for all the add-ons. We talked with CrowdOx (our pledge manager company) and they were able to get us set up with it. We will make an announcement about this on Monday when everyone is in the office. As the Monster-in-Chief, I never get to go home..... :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:19 pm

We are in on this :)

Designed for Wargamming and we think will complement our outdoor DF stuff nicely.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm

I do wonder how versatile hte DF trees will really be on the table. Will the scatter terrain really hold a large tree steady? I am sure DF thinks they did it right, but they are guesstimating as they only had resin to play with, not the actual PVC.

A lot of other tree companies products can be dropped anywhere with no sweat.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:42 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am
I picked these up for my docks and they are awesome. https://www.etsy.com/listing/663185016/ ... at_3&frs=1
Thanks for the link, those seem pretty good for docks. I just have to decide if I'm making my own quays or buying some and I'll be most of the way there.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:56 am

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am
LordDust wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:00 am
I do fear though that I will be giving up on DF docks and going another route. Don't get me wrong, I love DF and their products, but I can't keep holding off on getting docks. My seafaring campaigns have need of them. Maybe this one will offer enough to pull me in for some outdoor goodies though.
I picked these up for my docks and they are awesome. https://www.etsy.com/listing/663185016/ ... at_3&frs=1
Those do look very nice, and an appropriate use of laser cut wood that enhances what the item is.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am

LordDust wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:00 am
I do fear though that I will be giving up on DF docks and going another route. Don't get me wrong, I love DF and their products, but I can't keep holding off on getting docks. My seafaring campaigns have need of them. Maybe this one will offer enough to pull me in for some outdoor goodies though.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:07 am

zenako wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 am
One reason I will back many different outdoor setting offerings is that it gives me a lot of variety when dropping down a forest. Unless you are in a tree farm, all the trees should be somewhat different in nature and that looks more realistic to me. Last night in my game our intrepid adventures attacked an orcish encampment in the woods. I was able to drop a few dozen stand alone tress from about three different product lines, two of them "flocked - which left many little presents on the table later" and some little christmas pine trees scattered around them as well as a couple of dead trees with no foliage. made the forest/woods the characters were trying to sneak thru fit the scene nicely.

One thing I do like about the Monster trees is that they can be placed on any terrain, they do not rely on having a built in base on a tile. So if I want to put some into a small pond or swampy mat, I can that easily. Sometimes the simple approach ends up being the more flexible and robust solution.

I agree, DF tends to keep too many things about the future close to the vest, but frankly not too sure they are really all that worried about losing too much in sales to these other KS. They run multimillion dollar campaigns that are in a whole different league than most of these mom&pop startups that have some cool ideas.
This is my thinking also. All your trees should not look the same.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 am

One reason I will back many different outdoor setting offerings is that it gives me a lot of variety when dropping down a forest. Unless you are in a tree farm, all the trees should be somewhat different in nature and that looks more realistic to me. Last night in my game our intrepid adventures attacked an orcish encampment in the woods. I was able to drop a few dozen stand alone tress from about three different product lines, two of them "flocked - which left many little presents on the table later" and some little christmas pine trees scattered around them as well as a couple of dead trees with no foliage. made the forest/woods the characters were trying to sneak thru fit the scene nicely.

One thing I do like about the Monster trees is that they can be placed on any terrain, they do not rely on having a built in base on a tile. So if I want to put some into a small pond or swampy mat, I can that easily. Sometimes the simple approach ends up being the more flexible and robust solution.

I agree, DF tends to keep too many things about the future close to the vest, but frankly not too sure they are really all that worried about losing too much in sales to these other KS. They run multimillion dollar campaigns that are in a whole different league than most of these mom&pop startups that have some cool ideas.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:03 am

Lotta promises? The ones we have seen from DF can do about one of those(different sizes). I am glad to see that the newer trees will be far more advanced than the KSVI trees, which are beautiful from what I have seen.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”