Monster Terrain

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Monster Terrain

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 15, 2019 8:18 am

I hope to add nothing in the PM. I am in for a set each of the oddly colored trees, but unsure exactly what to do with the last two sets. Might go for a pond set or two. Maybe broken ground. Dunno now.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed May 15, 2019 4:47 am

We went in at Campaign but not just for trees - going to a few trees at the backend of the year :)

But also for Barren ground, barricades and maybe some desert rocks. Hoping to resist the urge to add more in the PM.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm
I got an EB War pledge and am thinking of something like this, though I need to tweak it a little as I have more trunks than canopies:

Capture.JPG
I am sure I am going to have to do something similar with my EB War pledge as well, just had not given it any thought until the PM comes out sometime in the next few weeks. Also looking to limit how much I add in the PM as well.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm

I like the pink trees, but I am not sure pink leaves make sense. I hope DF sculpts some blossoms. That might get me to buy into their tree system.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

I think this is a very cool Kick starter. I like the swamp accessory set the best. It reminds me of William's set.The LED crystals are also nice. I am going to pass because I already have too many trees.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

I got an EB War pledge and am thinking of something like this, though I need to tweak it a little as I have more trunks than canopies:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (44.2 KiB) Viewed 521 times
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 pm

I ended up in for a couple hundred, five sets and should be happy with that amount. At the end I looked at these trees and the KSVI trees DF is offering and made a choice.....
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Me, personally, I do not like the blue trees so much. They look too fairy-tale-ish to me.

That said, I still might have one or the other setting where those blue trees could add some point of special interest to the build. The autumn trees in the opposite do look nice, but do not work for me as just a few. I would need to have the entire table covered autumn-style. And that will not happen because I only intend the trees to complement my Dreadhollow.

Therefore I opted for a pink tree set, a blue tree set, one set of 6 green treetops (for stacking and building larger green trees), a rock set, a broken ground set and a barricade set. Plus many add-ons like well and crystals.

For the barricades, I hope they double up as fences, because I also have two docks sets from KS6, which look nicer.

So overall I agree that not all the sets are really strong. But for me: strong enough, still.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue May 14, 2019 3:23 pm

So now that MFC has had a successful KS and it all stayed positive both on their KS comments and over at Reaper and here.

I figured I would play devils advocate and ask what do you think is the weakest of the sets that they offered and why?

I personally want the Bridges & Barricades to add to my game but keep thinking the free ladders should have been added to it to bring it up in value.

And while at first I was on board for the rocks the more I look at them they just do not look detailed enough.

I like the trees a lot but worry that more than a few sets will look too repetitive in shape.

My purpose in asking is not to bash anybody who pledged, I pledge and I just wondered if anybody else has opinions that while negative are still constructive as to why you went with one of their sets and not another.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 14, 2019 1:22 pm

AstroCat wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 pm
Yeah really good stuff, I'm in for Battle plus some extra $$ for alt terrain. But we picked up a few sets of their resin versions at local shows. It looks good in real life and plays well with Dwarven Forge. So all good. :) I'm not going too crazy because I'm sure KS7 is gonna kill me. ;)
Good to hear - especially after upping our pledge! but hopfully leaving enough powder to be ruined by KS6.66 and 7
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”