kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Monster Terrain

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm
Stefan commented on a FB post about the Monster Fight Club trees

lol....just a friendly reminder that our next Kickstarter is The Wildlands and it is all about OUTDOOR TERRAIN....If only I could properly convey just how awesome the offerings will be or the scope of this incredible upcoming project...And I will note, for those who have sharp eyes, the sculpting of the leaves on Elye's trees are just beautiful as is the sculpting of Nina's rocky ledges...real works of art...I hope I am not overstepping here, but this IS a Dwarven Forge fan site after all isn't it?

I just want to point out, in case it is misunderstood, that our Trees can do everything these trees can do, including hiding figures. Just throwing that out there...don't want anybody here on this DF Fan site to misunderstand just how awesome our DF trees are, or just how beautiful they were sculpted by Elye...

While I want too support DF, I'm still keeping my pledge in this KS unless Dwarven Forge can convince me they have something better. To be honest, I was only HOPING that KS7 had trees in it (all we have is a lava pic) but I was never completely sure. Can we now say more trees are confirmed?
Knowing that KS7 was called wildlands is one of the reasons I decided to take my posts about this KS over to its own comments section.

With Stefan's FB comments I really think DF either needs to start really showing some pics, teasers, beans here on their forum or face the possibility of having KS7 see sales drop due to Monster Terrain.

And I agree with Stefan Elye's tree sculpts are way nicer than Monster Terrain's.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:50 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm

lol....just a friendly reminder that our next Kickstarter is The Wildlands and it is all about OUTDOOR TERRAIN....If only I could properly convey just how awesome the offerings will be or the scope of this incredible upcoming project...And I will note, for those who have sharp eyes, the sculpting of the leaves on Elye's trees are just beautiful as is the sculpting of Nina's rocky ledges...real works of art...I hope I am not overstepping here, but this IS a Dwarven Forge fan site after all isn't it?

I just want to point out, in case it is misunderstood, that our Trees can do everything these trees can do, including hiding figures. Just throwing that out there...don't want anybody here on this DF Fan site to misunderstand just how awesome our DF trees are, or just how beautiful they were sculpted by Elye...

While I wasn't too support DF, I'm still keeping my pledge in this KS unless Dwarven Forge can convince me they have something better. To be honest, I was only HOPING that KS7 had trees in it (all we have is a lava pic) but I was never completely sure. Can we now say more trees are confirmed?
Yes! I don't think you can get much more confirmation than that unless they spill some real bean pics. I think DF keeps their cards a little too close to their chest at times like this. A little more beans might keep some of us from spending monies on other terrain in preparation of DF later offerings.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm

While I want too support DF, I'm still keeping my pledge in this KS unless Dwarven Forge can convince me they have something better. To be honest, I was only HOPING that KS7 had trees in it (all we have is a lava pic) but I was never completely sure. Can we now say more trees are confirmed?
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:34 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am
still thinking about the huge Planet of the Apes trees!
I’m waiting on Planet of the Apes until they get to retail. IF they get to retail.

It’s not clear to me that the people behind that KS actually have their $~|# together enough to deliver what they are promising.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am

not only will they go well with Dreadhollow, but i suspect they will look pretty good with these:
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 8.32.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 8.32.13 AM.png (379.41 KiB) Viewed 606 times
suddenly we have lots of good tree options

still thinking about the huge Planet of the Apes trees!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

MattM77
Goblin
Goblin

Post by MattM77 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:18 pm

I am pretty stoked to be backing this, I think these trees will compliment the Dreadhollow very well.......if the colours are bit bright them I hope to blend them with some Pokorny paint when that comes out.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Frankly, I think Oldent might have another level of modularity available. Not premade though, of course.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Levels of modularity in pre-painted plastic trees

I have uses for trees at all of these levels of modularity

$20.98 Little to no modularity

$40.00 +shipping Top comes off modularity

$120 +shipping Decorative bases with stumps and toppers, three levels of canopy modularity

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:41 am
I am in for 112 right now, three sets plus one well. I am not 100% sure I will stay in but I probably will. I can use a variety of trees, and these look pretty nice. I have mostly decided to go for a variety of companies rather than focus on a single company. I just do not think DF will make a variety of tree styles quickly if ever.
Misread that as "I'm in for 112 trees right now..." and my eyes bugged out! :shock:

Like, ok, you must have a massive Dreadhollow setup to want that many Monster trees to flesh it out with. :lol:
I only ended up with a total of six DF trees, just too pricey and unseen to get more. I wanted more forest floor.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:04 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 am
Well the people here are at worst just as nice and probably nicer here.
Nah, it's just us Trogs over there anyway, so same-same. :D
True, there are a lot of familiar names.

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”