Re: Wood palisade fence

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 08, 2019 7:53 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:43 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm with you on all of these (although, I did get the chest, shoddy as it is...). I think I "lucked out" and skipped on the Sea Monsters for some reason.

Ultimately, Ice Age Mammals is still my favorite "failed" KS (actually just a scam though). I learned so much from that one and have continued to refine my KS "spidey sense" and raise the bar for what I back VS come back to later.
When did you get the chest? No one else in the KS comments has received anything.
Weird that you never got one - i got one as an SG for backing one of their coin KSs - they said they were extras from the treasure chest campaign
Yeah, go read the comments on the chest campaign. It's terrible how the backers there have been treated. I've never had a KS give away product from a kickstarter to other backers from another campaign before fulfillment was complete. It's like it DF were giving free CD pieces to people that ordered from Paizo or something.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm
I was putting a few of these together again today and found this out. Seems that they fit together perfect to make it double wide.

That’s nice!

Noted for a future purchase.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
GardenDM wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm
Out of 87, I've had 4 go up in flames for a total of $172. Two by the same creator.

Ice Age Mammals
Sea Monsters (same creator as Ice Age Mammals)
Fantasy Coin Treasure Chest
Dark Age Outpost
I'm with you on all of these (although, I did get the chest, shoddy as it is...). I think I "lucked out" and skipped on the Sea Monsters for some reason.

Ultimately, Ice Age Mammals is still my favorite "failed" KS (actually just a scam though). I learned so much from that one and have continued to refine my KS "spidey sense" and raise the bar for what I back VS come back to later.
When did you get the chest? No one else in the KS comments has received anything.
Weird that you never got one - i got one as an SG for backing one of their coin KSs - they said they were extras from the treasure chest campaign
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm

I was putting a few of these together again today and found this out. Seems that they fit together perfect to make it double wide.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 07, 2019 10:27 am

Did not back this one, must have had some 6th sense as it looks very promising.

Out of 139 projects only one confirmed Total Fail - $179 on a 3D printer 'Tiko'. They did at least make some and even delivered a few, but they were not good, Quality control issues subsequent rework costs sunk it.

There is one other that delivered a hunk of plastic that is supposed to be a wireless charging station for mobile (Cell) phones - still trying to get some respose out of their customer service.

But all in all been pretty lucky or savvy........ok mostly lucky on our Kickstarters
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon May 06, 2019 6:46 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
GardenDM wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
Out of 87, I've had 4 go up in flames for a total of $172. Two by the same creator.

Ice Age Mammals
Dark Age Outpost

It just arrived completely out of the blue a month or so ago. I had completely given up on that project.

It's now sitting on a shelf waiting for me to try to repair the darn thing. It came with a bag of replacement parts, but I don't think I'll end up swapping much of it out. I think the parts already attached to the chest are about the same quality as the replacements, so I'm unlikely to do the work to swap them out. OTOH, there are a few random parts that have fallen off on their own that I need to figure out how to re-adhere.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 06, 2019 6:43 pm

GardenDM wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:

Ice Age Mammals
Dark Age Outpost

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon May 06, 2019 6:40 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:

Ice Age Mammals
Dark Age Outpost

EDIT:
I should do an audit to see how many I've actually had completely fail/scam/go-dark. Probably somewhere around 10-12 out of ~500 backed.

One of my very first campaigns failed and had no communication for years and years. I was finally able to contact the original creator through another channel and he sent me a full refund!

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Mon May 06, 2019 6:39 pm

The only project I’ve backed that looks likely to be a total bust is Ernest Gary Gygax Jr.'s Marmoreal Tomb. The two people working on it have taken to sulking and rudeness, and there is little evidence that any work is being done:

https://www.tenkarstavern.com/2019/03/a ... x.html?m=1

It’s a shame, since this was to be a publishing of “The Hobby Shop Dungeon.” I have many fond memories of visiting TSR’s Hobby Shop when I was 10-12 yrs old. I never had the opportunity to play D&D there, but it was a place of magic and wonder and I was hoping a bit of that craziness might’ve seeped through into the book.

Ah well.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon May 06, 2019 6:11 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:

Ice Age Mammals
Dark Age Outpost
I got burned on the first two also. Thus far I have not been burned by any others.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”