Post by Oldent » Thu May 30, 2019 10:05 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:34 am
Oldent wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:02 am
Thank you :)

Rabbit thats some messed up sh!t right there. Love it :)

"Dont tell them your name Pike!"

"he chose...poorly"

The D-Day board is spectacular, Flames of War 15mm right ?
Yes, I sold the 15mm to a friend when Fred died. We still run the game every year.

I did the foam work and casting. Fred created the beach from overhead lighting panels. He also scratch built the landing crafts.When we settled the estate my young friend in the photo got the 15MM.
I will try to remember to get current photos.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Cemetery of the fallen

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 30, 2019 9:34 am

Oldent wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thank you :)

Rabbit thats some messed up sh!t right there. Love it :)

"Dont tell them your name Pike!"

"he chose...poorly"

The D-Day board is spectacular, Flames of War 15mm right ?
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu May 30, 2019 8:32 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
We picked up GWs Mausoleum last year - needed building and painting of course, added it to a DF build.

Undecided if we need any more - though if there was a Dwarvenite version in a future KS we ould probably pull the trigger.

Awesome cemetary build Oldent, always a treat to get a glimpse into Old Man Willows Necropolis dimension - did briefly get a little confused with the Elephants :D
Cool photo 8-)

Plan 9 B takes place during the opening hours of Overlord. Hitler has decided to go back in time and raise the dead to change the out come of the Invasion.

The heroes must intervene.

Thing are going well.

Hitler has Allies.

Some decide to flank the resistance at the Zoo.

They choose poorly.

The animals are not Harmless

Loins and tigers? no bears.

The heroes manage to contact Paton.

The forces of darkness regroup.

Don's Photos

The heroes push back and prevail. I forget to take photos when I run a game. I like group shots.

I took a few set up photos.You can see the dispatch rider and the Phone booth.

My unit.

Very old photo at Tree Fort.

D Day,Flames of War, Saturday at Discover Games. I also run something every year for Halloween. I am working on something with DF this year.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 30, 2019 5:02 am

We picked up GWs Mausoleum last year - needed building and painting of course, added it to a DF build.

Undecided if we need any more - though if there was a Dwarvenite version in a future KS we ould probably pull the trigger.

Awesome cemetary build Oldent, always a treat to get a glimpse into Old Man Willows Necropolis dimension - did briefly get a little confused with the Elephants :D
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:19 pm

I agree with Oldent, variety in a cemetery build is the way to go. So since I have the Reaper version and some odd bits of other stuff like the dollar store pieces in Oldent’s photos, this makes sense to get as well. Thanks for the heads up and pics.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat May 25, 2019 12:11 am

Variety is always good. Pricey, but good.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri May 24, 2019 11:29 pm

period3 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 pm
Saw these at my local game store and after reading this thread I picked up one of each (city of the dead + cemetery of the fallen). I agree I think two cemetery sets is ideal, one feels a bit small. I was a little less impressed with the city of the dead monuments set. Some of the pieces in there had pretty bad paint jobs (the sarcophoguses? sarcophogii?). There were nicer pieces too though, but overall too expensive for what it was. Maybe that's just my game store pricing though.
I'm gonna say sarcophopodes :)

Agreed on the lower value of City of the Dead. Some of the pieces are rough - especially the paint jobs. I think it'll be pretty easy to touch them up a bit, though. Overall I'm still glad I got it - helps add some nice variety!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:00 pm
I just picked up a couple sets of the Cemetery of the Fallen, as well as a Waterdeep City Of the Dead monuments set.

Don't have time to do a proper setup, but I did throw them onto a table just to get a feel for what a couple sets together looks like size-wise!

For me, 2 sets feels like the right amount. I can make a good sized fenced in area, and the likelihood of me using both buildings AND all those graves at once is slim to none. Also, I could work a little more room into the build by including the buildings as part of the perimeter fence.
Saw these at my local game store and after reading this thread I picked up one of each (city of the dead + cemetery of the fallen). I agree I think two cemetery sets is ideal, one feels a bit small. I was a little less impressed with the city of the dead monuments set. Some of the pieces in there had pretty bad paint jobs (the sarcophoguses? sarcophogii?). There were nicer pieces too though, but overall too expensive for what it was. Maybe that's just my game store pricing though.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri May 24, 2019 8:28 am

unclebilly wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:53 am
Vegomatic wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 pm
I have visited cemeteries that had locked fences around only the mausoleums and some significant graves but the rest was wide open rows of headstones.
I have been to some that the fence and gate are only at the front. The back of it just hooked up to the woods you could also have the back to a cliff.
I think how much you need depends on if you are looking for a secret entrance or have already found it.The cemetery of the fallen will make a good addition for me.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Fri May 24, 2019 7:53 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:10 pm
I have visited cemeteries that had locked fences around only the mausoleums and some significant graves but the rest was wide open rows of headstones.
I have been to some that the fence and gate are only at the front. The back of it just hooked up to the woods you could also have the back to a cliff.

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”