WT????

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Re: WT????

Post by JalanDa » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:38 pm

its almost as bad as the person who buys during the restock then marks it up 200% and says rare oop df

bunch of scumbags

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 am
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 am
Wow, those prices are laughable.

Remember, just because it has a price on ebay doesn't mean it will sell at that price.
Still it is the attempt that I object to.
Personally, I have no problem with it. I've been there at the last 10% of fulfillment before and watched sets hit eBay before I got my stuff. It sucks. But ordering extra to try to make back some of your pledge dollars is fine with me. I only object to buying out the webstore to resell. You essentially can't buy out the entire KS. Everyone else still has the same chance at getting their product so no one is being screwed over.

I understand the frustration, but they're not really hurting anyone with this. It's not like when all of the old resin stuff hit the webstore and was bought out in 10 min. 🤷‍♂️
100% agree. I wish more people would buy multiples from the KS campaign for resale since that drives up the pledge totals and benefits DF, other backers, the person reselling, and the person buying from the reseller who didn't get anything (or at least enough) from the KS. It's a 4x win in my book. It also puts a cap on the amount that people can charge for this on eBay since more supply will drive the price down to cost+reasonable markup. Only having one or two sets on eBay makes true price discovery impossible.

Edit: These resellers are essentially acting as no-risk to DF distribution and retail partners. Cool!

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:29 am

Yeah, agreed... it's a little scummy, but if it's coming from KS orders I really do not have as much of a problem as I would if it was something more limited like the web store. At least this way, it isn't keeping someone else from getting their product until the next restock. It is giving someone the opp to pick up something early though if they missed the chance in the KS or pledge manager, albeit at an insane markup that I can't imagine paying!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 am
AnimeSensei wrote:

Remember, just because it has a price on ebay doesn't mean it will sell at that price.
Personally, I have no problem with it. I've been there at the last 10% of fulfillment before and watched sets hit eBay before I got my stuff. It sucks. But ordering extra to try to make back some of your pledge dollars is fine with me. I only object to buying out the webstore to resell. You essentially can't buy out the entire KS. Everyone else still has the same chance at getting their product so no one is being screwed over.

I understand the frustration, but they're not really hurting anyone with this. It's not like when all of the old resin stuff hit the webstore and was bought out in 10 min. 🤷‍♂️
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 am

AnimeSensei wrote:

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:14 am

If they really are serious about trying to make a quick buck, they should lower their price. I doubt they will sell for over a 100% markup.
Last edited by AnimeSensei on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:11 am

Some people are scum. I get sick of seeing this every KS.

I know there is nothing illegal about this, but there are many things wrong with it.

Hopefully neither sell.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

WT????

Post by unclebilly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:03 am

I'll just leave this here https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... SwhpBdZhUx

Even worse https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... Swo51dZIuJ

$296 from the KS. I have no problem with this it is theirs to sale. I just hope no one is foolish enough to buy it at that price.

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”