Top of the List in Posting to Forum

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Top of the List in Posting to Forum

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:19 am

William wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 am
The BunRab's postings are eating me softly, I think 4 or 5 more and they hop over me forever. I'll never be able to catch up. I was thinking 2/22/2020 would have been a cool date to pass me, but that's asking too much of all those bunnies :lol: and I don't think I could be relevant enough to post that much. ;)
Ahh William such a blatant post to boost your numbers.

You will never catch us doing that!

It is is fun to track though :) we do not try to post just for the sake of it - honest! but only if we have something to say or quip, which to be fair is quite often ;)

And as we are being totally honest we are still pissed that our most popular Instagram post was when we posted your Stepwell encouraging Gramers to come visit the forum to see more pictures of that fabulous build. The fact that it was well deserved is neither here nor there.

Btw there is a huge gap to the next on the list.

Please note that some of the above is in fact true :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 am

The BunRab's postings are eating me softly, I think 4 or 5 more and they hop over me forever. I'll never be able to catch up. I was thinking 2/22/2020 would have been a cool date to pass me, but that's asking too much of all those bunnies :lol: and I don't think I could be relevant enough to post that much. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:21 pm

Sir.

RABBITS play. In large numbers.

Weasels hunt.

Alone.

The Chief LEast Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, esp. KS7 which I don't even admit exists or ever will exist.
WeaselWarGod

Dolken
Orc
Orc

Post by Dolken » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:20 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:02 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:37 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:33 pm
Truth be told, half of this forum already is nonsense. ;)

In our defense it was like this when we got here.

Though we might have given it a healthy nudge in the same direction ;)

William wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 am
I like this half of the Forum, it's what keeps me coming back so often.
If it were just nice pictures and stodgy intelligent newspeak, I could visit a few times a year and see the sights.

It's all the fun stuff that's um... FUN to be part of. :P :? :ugeek:
Surprisingly we are with William :D

A few other forums we have been apart of tend to go in the argumentative direction rather than the nonsense.

We know which we prefer ;)
I have to concur that, while Rabbit Burner has much to answer for, the nonsense quotient of the Forum is not one of them. It predates him, as he said. or is that predeceases him? Hmmm....

Totus KS Delenda Sunt, esp. KS7 which I don't even admit exists or ever will exist.
I will agree with the nonsense of this forum. It keeps me coming back to read the forum. Also Laws photos make me come back as well. (The photos twist my arm into buying more.)

I know I don't post much since joining during ks1, but I have read more of this forum than any other I have ever been apart of. (Most of the time to see the rabbits and weasel play)

Dolken

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:21 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:05 pm
103 stories up - the Sky Deck in Willis Tower (the Sears Tower) - i had to show the twins what a real tall building was ;)

It was bittersweet for me - i REALLY miss Chicago - i have lived in CA for 20 years and i still feel more at home in Chicago - just my kind of people ( plus oh my god is everything cheap in the midwest... you know how much DF i could afford if i lived here???)
As a Chicago native, I can honestly agree with that sentiment. I've now spent more than half my life away from Chicago, but I always love heading back. Probably because I never really got a chance to explore the city until I had left. [My college days were out of the city and then I moved to Japan right after graduating.]

Still, it let's me view the city like a tourist. Keeps everything fresh.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:02 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:37 am
AnimeSensei wrote:

William wrote:
If it were just nice pictures and stodgy intelligent newspeak, I could visit a few times a year and see the sights.

A few other forums we have been apart of tend to go in the argumentative direction rather than the nonsense.

I have to concur that, while Rabbit Burner has much to answer for, the nonsense quotient of the Forum is not one of them. It predates him, as he said. or is that predeceases him? Hmmm....

WeaselWarGod

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:42 am

Not to get too serious but I also think part of what lets this forum get away with the "nonsense" and not devolve into the argumentative that RB mentions is the general demographics of the folks here.

This is an expensive hobby that requires folks to have disposable income. Generally, that means older folks, and in many cases, old enough to predate the internet and chat forums. Hell, I remember when USENET was a new thing, and MOSAIC first appeared!. Social norms that were developed when the only way to communicate with folks was in person or on a voice-only telephone (not cell phone) were a bit different. One could have arguments or disagreements for sure, but there was no anonymity involved so that kept things tempered (most of the time).

It can be interesting on some websites (QUORA for example) reading the range of answers and you can almost know the age range of the poster just by how they view and say things. Younger posters tend to view current events as a massive UNPRECEDENTED disaster. The older folks who have been there, done that, often reply, not so fast. This is very much like what happened in the past, multiple times. Some things seem to gain steam every 20 years or so.

Relating to DF, while the history timeline is a bit more limited, kerfuffles today tend to mimic the kerfuffles of before with perhaps just a minor twist. The product line endures and the product line (by all accounts) has thrived and builds on the sense of community and enjoyment we all get playing with our toys. I know I do.

Forums are funny things. I know when I was a mod on a DDM trading forum (MaxMinis) 15 years ago, that well over half the posts on the forums came from the 20 or so most active folks. That when some of those folks dropped off, the general level of activity on the forum dropped a lot. That well over 50% of the accounts had exactly 0 posts, ever. Just driveby visitors or one-shots, who never contributed to the threads. I know the last time I looked over the lists here, that breakdown still seems to exist. If it is the nonsense that incentivizes some folks to keep active, then long live the nonsense, and long live the forums...at least if they can fix the timeout kerfuffle!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:37 am

AnimeSensei wrote:

William wrote:

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 am

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:28 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:22 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Where can I find the other half? :lol:
Ignore the top twenty posters and you have a good start.
:D :D :D :D

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”