LED Dungeon Tiles

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Re: LED Dungeon Tiles

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:26 pm

I love LED stuff so I will keep an eye on your stuff Josh welcome back!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:02 pm
Welcome back Josh,

I can sympathize with your family plight as i have walked some of those same roads. My heart goes out to you. It takes a great deal of character to relentlessly advocate for your child to the outside world while still maintaining the reserve of patience required to parent a child who through no fault of their own demands more of you than you may have to give at any given moment. Be strong and keep hope.

I look forward to watching your endeavors and adding some custom treasure to my collection.
Thank-you too for your kind words, kitenerd. :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Welcome back Josh,

I can sympathize with your family plight as i have walked some of those same roads. My heart goes out to you. It takes a great deal of character to relentlessly advocate for your child to the outside world while still maintaining the reserve of patience required to parent a child who through no fault of their own demands more of you than you may have to give at any given moment. Be strong and keep hope.

I look forward to watching your endeavors and adding some custom treasure to my collection.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am
While DF may now have a crew in house to do LED work, you set the groundwork. My hat is off to you, Josh.

Also, good on you for putting family first.
Thanks for those kind words, AnimeSensei :oops: :)

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Oldent wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 am
This is a small community. I was wondering how you could create a volume of sales for a business you could operate as a stay at home dad.
I would suggest that you create some very small LED flood and spotlights for the Halloween and Christmas village collectors. The girls use my Lemax flood lights for puppet shows too.

Of course I would be in the market for some DF scale flood lights too :D

Small floods would be more useful than the LED coaster I have been playing with.

Think how cool it would be to hide one in a rock. I bet that would work well with snow scenes.
I have short term goals and long term goals. My short term goals include doing what I already know how to do, which is modding DF pieces, with the materials I already have on hand. It also includes making an income above zero, which is what I'm currently contributing to our household; I'm lucky to have a wife that supports me in my pursuits (enough said about that as the rest is my business and nobody elses', no offense). The long term goals are to have a line of my own completely custom made products that are not being offered by anyone else, currently. That should broaden my scope from the very niche DF community/market.

Nice pics, btw. I've been exploring the various pre-built LED options out there and getting all sorts of ideas. I'd love to expand into sci-fi stuff as that genre is perfect for LED and lit stuff.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am
While DF may now have a crew in house to do LED work, you set the groundwork. My hat is off to you, Josh.

+34 to that sentiment

Great news that things are improving and hopefully less stressful times ahead :)
Will be monitoring your mods carefully ......very carefully :geek:
I am the Game and I want to Play

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 am

This is a small community. I was wondering how you could create a volume of sales for a business you could operate as a stay at home dad.
I would suggest that you create some very small LED flood and spotlights for the Halloween and Christmas village collectors. The girls use my Lemax flood lights for puppet shows too.

Of course I would be in the market for some DF scale flood lights too :D

Small floods would be more useful than the LED coaster I have been playing with.

Think how cool it would be to hide one in a rock. I bet that would work well with snow scenes.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:03 am

I meant the tiles, but I am sure you could get a big dwarenite piece and carve stuff down .....

Looking forward to seeing the campfire!! ALso looking forward to seeing what you can do independently!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:53 pm
I would like to see a pic of the campfire piece first, but I may well be interested in a couple of those. Will the tiles be dwarvenite or resin? Or something else?
The tiles are mods of the Dwarven Forge dungeon tiles. Do you mean the LED accessory pieces? If so, then they will be cast in resin. I do not have access to a factory in China to produce PVC injection molded pieces. :-) Although, there are different types of resins that have much more flexibility and down the road I would like to experiment with them.
Last edited by jchunick on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.