I DID IT! Buying list completed!!!

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: I DID IT! Buying list completed!!!

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 am
In our experience the feeling of completeness never lasts long - not necessarily just with DF. As something new or undiscovered is always around the corner.

We do have a addictive personality - not a severe case - but when we decide that something is for us we don't hold back. So we get very picky in our choices, but we are no longer completionists - collecting comics for 20+ years beat that out of us!

We have no great need for caverns and like you its more the niche items, elevation and water items that might form part of KSVI that we are most looking forward to seeing.

Feeling pretty relaxed as at the moment there is nothing in KSVI that excites us either, but said all that this time last year and that got blown out of the water with the Lava encounter followed by the Temple and then the Golems - EIGHT!

One thing we have found with DF and the Forums is that the more we engage in them the more we buy, that 'ohh that's cool' turns into 'going to get that'.
We think that's some of the reason why KSV was a financial success - the 24 hour DF presence on the comments, the accessibility of the live feeds - the unbridled enthusiasm and enjoyment displayed in those live feeds - very intoxicating. It acted as a reinforcement of potential choices, 'yes it is a good idea to get the Mega Elevation pack just look what you can do with it!'

There is a thesis waiting to be written on the psychology of a DF Kickstarter, maybe that could be a kickstarter ;)

My feeling of completeness last until new come out that I want yes. That said, I actually don't want a lot of things. My to-buy list will never get really long again...

As for that same time last year I for myself was really excited for the return to the dungeon...but will only get 800$ of stuff for what I consider were lacking dungeons. That's not the case with cavern so I can't say I'm holding my breath for something to change my mind big time about it. That said, can't wait to see those new water pieces.
I think my secret in being simply able to say no to everything new is the fact that I'm not a really enthusiastic guy. I'm pretty down to earth, planned out and realistic. I now...quite boring lol...

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 am
We think that's some of the reason why KSV was a financial success - the 24 hour DF presence on the comments, the accessibility of the live feeds - the unbridled enthusiasm and enjoyment displayed in those live feeds - very intoxicating. It acted as a reinforcement of potential choices,
It was great to be on the KS comments anytime of day or night and have a DF person there.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 am

In our experience the feeling of completeness never lasts long - not necessarily just with DF. As something new or undiscovered is always around the corner.

We do have a addictive personality - not a severe case - but when we decide that something is for us we don't hold back. So we get very picky in our choices, but we are no longer completionists - collecting comics for 20+ years beat that out of us!

We have no great need for caverns and like you its more the niche items, elevation and water items that might form part of KSVI that we are most looking forward to seeing.

Feeling pretty relaxed as at the moment there is nothing in KSVI that excites us either, but said all that this time last year and that got blown out of the water with the Lava encounter followed by the Temple and then the Golems - EIGHT!

One thing we have found with DF and the Forums is that the more we engage in them the more we buy, that 'ohh that's cool' turns into 'going to get that'.
We think that's some of the reason why KSV was a financial success - the 24 hour DF presence on the comments, the accessibility of the live feeds - the unbridled enthusiasm and enjoyment displayed in those live feeds - very intoxicating. It acted as a reinforcement of potential choices, 'yes it is a good idea to get the Mega Elevation pack just look what you can do with it!'

There is a thesis waiting to be written on the psychology of a DF Kickstarter, maybe that could be a kickstarter ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:18 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:41 am
Good for you! I am also not a completionist thank heaven. I could go broke trying that with DF
Being a completionist with DF is suicidal to a wallet lol...

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am
jgt4242 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 am

That there is a Zen moment - cherish it, savour it, as with all good things it will come to an end and the 'Creative Narcotic' will strike! then you will smell your doom approaching ..........
Your weakness to create yourself a need is not mine... :D
So you don't see DF producing anything in the future that will be added to your 'to buy list' ?

Fortunately we have a list of pieces we would like to have but not essential - a few more 4x4 roof platforms - we will wait until something is added to the must buy list before buying them.

Our weakness is for shiney new things that our damned imagination tells us will look awesome with a Sherman tank rumbling past it or Orks rampaging through.

I actually said quite the contrary earlier. Yes DF will produce news set I will love. I'm pretty eager to see the new caverns water pieces for example.

That said I got everything I want from the store right now and I already have a robust list of what I want in Dungeon of Doom (wich total about 800$). Also, as much as I'm eager to see the new cavern stuff, unlike the original dungeon wich were lacking a bit, but will get way better with DoD, cavern already have a lot of stuff going on. I know I'll probably get new water pieces and probably get new elevations stuff...but I also know I don't really care for different walls. Nothing is getting me excited in the puzzle teasers for KS6 right now. I know we'll get to see some really cool pieces by the time KS6 end, but since I already have what I wanted from caverns, I'll be quite picky.

I'm actually way more curious about what will be the sub-theme. KS4 stuffs didn't interested me much, but oh man those mountains have drove me nuts (and I'm really happy to have one painted set too). Didn't cared for Burrows (will never get them), but I'm looking forward for what's coming up.

See it that way : many are getting ohhhhhhh and ahhhhhhh over new 1x1 cavern pieces. Me, I'm looking at what I already have for my tabletop gaming and it's the doing the job quite fine. More than fine actually it's already friggin cool on my table lol. Since I got enough for my tastes/need, I'm starting to get picky. Since I'm starting to get picky I must be really surprised and fond of what's coming up to buy it. Like I wrote earlier for me DF is not an addiction...in fact I don't get addicted to anything, I'm just not like that. Interested in new stuff? Sure, but only for what I will judge useful in my D&D games. I don't do great looking diorama, that's not my thing.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:45 am

jgt4242 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 am
I want nothing more from what is avalaible on the store. I got everything I wanted! :D
That there is a Zen moment - cherish it, savour it, as with all good things it will come to an end and the 'Creative Narcotic' will strike! then you will smell your doom approaching ..........
So you don't see DF producing anything in the future that will be added to your 'to buy list' ?

Fortunately we have a list of pieces we would like to have but not essential - a few more 4x4 roof platforms - we will wait until something is added to the must buy list before buying them.

Our weakness is for shiney new things that our damned imagination tells us will look awesome with a Sherman tank rumbling past it or Orks rampaging through.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:41 am

Good for you! I am also not a completionist thank heaven. I could go broke trying that with DF
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm
Hmm, looks like there is someone with self-discipline here on the forums, boys.....
More like that yes. Well...it's not really about discipline, but more about interest. I get what I want, but once I have I simply don't see a point in getting more just for the sake of it. I'm clearly not a completitionist or a collector.

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
jgt4242 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 am
I want nothing more from what is avalaible on the store. I got everything I wanted! :D

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Hmm, looks like there is someone with self-discipline here on the forums, boys.....
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria