Epix Haven

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Epix Haven

Post by unclebilly » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Riley wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 pm
Epix Haven has posted their new Kickstarter: it’s STL files for home printing... but you can buy the original resin pieces as add-ons!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ep ... escription

I guess I will be able to finish my castle, after all .:)
Nice but not what I was hopping. I have a lot of there stuff now and always wanted the Mini Tower!. It was going to be made last KS but it never got unlocked. I can't see myself 3d printing it I will never get it to match the sets I have now. That and there a lot of 3d castles that I have already that are better done than these. Good luck to them but I hope they offer some of the stuff in resin.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Epix Haven has posted their new Kickstarter: it’s STL files for home printing... but you can buy the original resin pieces as add-ons!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ep ... escription

I guess I will be able to finish my castle, after all .:)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:57 am

We have the gatehouse and 4 corner towers but no freestanding ones.

We do find with the stairs that unless you get the orientation/polarisation right you can have problems. Also we have a suspicion that the stairs are for specific levels, as in construction we often end up moving stairs from one level to another to get a snug fit.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Mister Frau Blucher
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mister Frau Blucher » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:10 pm

This is the freestanding tower. I did not have any of the walls, so I had no interest in the corner tower.

I got distracted, so no chance yet to make gaskets. I'll report back when I do.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:11 pm

Did you get the corner tower or the freestanding tower. I picked up the freestanding tower and I do not recall any magnets in that one. It kinda looks like you might have the corner tower in one of the pictures based on the floor I can see, so perhaps that might be part of the difference.

Mister Frau Blucher
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mister Frau Blucher » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing different batches.

I took 3 photos. The first shows the fit at the second floor. You can see the gap at the base, and the lean - this is not the best angle, the lean is actually almost 20 degrees, and leans right into any adjacent figures. The second shows the magnet at the base of the 2nd floor stairs; you can see it's angled. The third shows the magnet at the top of the first floor steps; it's not flush, either.

I take it some of you don't have the magnets? I don't think that's the whole issue, as the fit at this joint (and on the third floor; the first is fine) is pretty loose.

And it ain't the end of the world, of course, but it's an annoyance I'd like to fix. I have some thin foam in a shed, I'll try some gaskets later, and then try removing the magnets if it's still a problem.
DSCN2269lr.jpg
DSCN2269lr.jpg (60.73 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
DSCN2271lr.jpg
DSCN2271lr.jpg (49.95 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
DSCN2272lr.jpg
DSCN2272lr.jpg (77.48 KiB) Viewed 2990 times

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Between the corners and freestanding, I have four of their towers. I've never noticed any magnets.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:53 am

Interesting, mine has no magnets at all, but the fit seems pretty good. Perhaps we have a few different batches?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 am

The stair magnets and the flagpole thing at the top have fit issues due to the magnets with mine. More of an annoyance than a real issue though.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:08 am

Mister Frau Blucher wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 am
I got the tower, and it is really nice. Solidly built.

But the stairs do not seem to fit well. They lean. There are some magnets glued to the ends, and I can feel the pull when removing the stairs, but they do not help the steps stay upright.

I am thinking about scraping the magnets off (they are glued a an angle and might be exacerbating the problem) and putting a foam gasket around the stairs' pegs. Or maybe leave the magnets and try pairing it with the gasket first.

Anybody else have this problem?
Hmmm, I didnt notice any magnets. I had a couple of chipped stair ends, and broken notches. Will need to patch those with some GE.