Cheap Mini's

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Re: Cheap Mini's

Post by Alarian » Sun May 06, 2018 9:41 pm

I actually picked up this from amazon. Figure I'll just prime over them and let the girls have at them. At 20 cent's a piece you can't go wrong. Thanks again for the suggestion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075X ... UTF8&psc=1

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Sun May 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take a look on amazon.

The other thing the kids loved to do, that for some insane reason I also gave away, was about a dozen Hirst Arts molds and 75 pounds of Merlin's magic. I used to have a ton of bricks and parts premade and the kids would build with them all the time and then paint them.

It was one of those times were I decided I needed to get rid of a lot of stuff because we are short on space and have regretted it ever since.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun May 06, 2018 5:45 pm

My daughter likes to paint too. I do two things for her besides letting her do the occasional bones mini. I let her paint her figures from her bucket sets. This is the pirate set here. This is the fantasy set here. Several places carry them, you can get them as cheap as roughly ten USD per bucket. I prime one and then let her paint it up. The other thing I do for her is I buy packs of canvases on sale at the hobby shops like Michael's or Joann's and let her paint on those.

I have also bought lots of minis cheap off ebay, like Mage Knight or some other prepaints. Some can be primed over their paint or stripped without a lot of work. If they aren't thrilled with a previous paint job they did, you can probably also strip those to let them try again. The Magic the Gathering mini games are also often on sale very cheap and most of the figures come unpainted.

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Cheap Mini's

Post by Alarian » Sun May 06, 2018 3:34 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up some really cheap mini's? I have two daughters (6 and 7) who love to paint mini's while I'm doing similar stuff at my desk, but I'm out of unpainted ones (painted my last dozen or so this past few weeks) and don't really want to spend a bunch of money on mini's that will be a mess when they are done. I bought I ton of reaper mini's on several past KS's, but I got out of painting for about a year and gave them all away to a friend... Felt bad afterwards as both girls were really bummed out. They have been asking a lot over the past few weeks where their mini's were to paint, so I would love to pick up some more for them.

And suggestions would be greatly appreciated.