Re: DF EU is now at thodsbazaar.com

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:41 pm

ChrilleT wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:37 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 pm
ChrilleT wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:22 am
It sounds like there will be no more DF EUshop?

I´m new here and have been looking to buy some City Builder Painted but it´s hard to find any complete sets on www.thodsbazaar.com . Is the US store the only one to be restocked in the future?
consider it a fabulous excuse for a trip abroad - just load up an extra suitcase and your shipping will be the $25 bag charge!

and forget import duties - do what one of our Canadian friend does - take a few tiles with you... run a game when you are here - and then when you get back you can legitimately say that you went to the US to game with friends and brought a bunch of game terrain with you... This is the best trick i have ever heard - there is no better lie than the truth (i learned that from Robert Jordan with the Aes Sedai never lie)
Is there anywhere you could pick up DF in USA or do you have to pay/send it to the hotel address in that case?

While I have a somewhat smaller order planned from the webstore if we take the "3rd Circle Of Hell pledge level Painted+Illuminated" from current kickstarter as an example it would cost me 24 dollars in shipping/fees if I lived in USA, here in Europe the same pledge/order costs 490 dollars. I could probably get a plane ticket both ways for that amount.

And thanks for the trick. If I travel to the USA it would be fun to be a part of a game but don´t know if my English is good enough for me to DM a game in English (have not done it before), especially since the games where I am DM now are not in English so it would require some extra work for me to translate stuff to the players.
When you get ready to order - call customer service - i am quite sure they can do better than the price quoted by the online calculator - still it will be ridiculously costly

If you are serious about visiting the US - just send it to a friend near where you are going - if you don't have a friend in that area, post here and i bet we have a forumite nearby who could receive it for you (and you could game together!) - you could always ship it to Valoria and then go visit DF headquarters and pick up your stuff
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:37 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 pm
ChrilleT wrote:

I´m new here and have been looking to buy some City Builder Painted but it´s hard to find any complete sets on www.thodsbazaar.com . Is the US store the only one to be restocked in the future?
consider it a fabulous excuse for a trip abroad - just load up an extra suitcase and your shipping will be the $25 bag charge!

and forget import duties - do what one of our Canadian friend does - take a few tiles with you... run a game when you are here - and then when you get back you can legitimately say that you went to the US to game with friends and brought a bunch of game terrain with you... This is the best trick i have ever heard - there is no better lie than the truth (i learned that from Robert Jordan with the Aes Sedai never lie)
Is there anywhere you could pick up DF in USA or do you have to pay/send it to the hotel address in that case?

While I have a somewhat smaller order planned from the webstore if we take the "3rd Circle Of Hell pledge level Painted+Illuminated" from current kickstarter as an example it would cost me 24 dollars in shipping/fees if I lived in USA, here in Europe the same pledge/order costs 490 dollars. I could probably get a plane ticket both ways for that amount.

And thanks for the trick. If I travel to the USA it would be fun to be a part of a game but don´t know if my English is good enough for me to DM a game in English (have not done it before), especially since the games where I am DM now are not in English so it would require some extra work for me to translate stuff to the players.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:35 pm

ChrilleT wrote:

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 pm

ChrilleT wrote:

Is the US store the only one to be restocked in the future?
Unfortunately yes. No other shops available. But as soon as you get used to the extra shipping cost from US, you will experience that it is a very fast and reliable shipment and that they have the best customer service in the entire multiverse.

Buying in the US Shop is therefore highly recommended even for Europeans.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:22 am

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:26 am

He sells the last sets than I guess it's over.
His service was ALWAYS the best Customer service I ever met :
- low transport fees
- quick replacement of the pieces if you had a problem
- bonus pieces
- and even some discounts I never have with the american shop

He also put in place the "preorder" system to be sure to get a set.
For those who still are wondering by now "may I order ? I say : go !

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

DF EU is now at thodsbazaar.com

Post by Riley » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 pm

DF EU is not dead yet!

They are selling their remaining stock at www.thodsbazaar.com

I have bought several OOP resin sets from them over the last 6 months, and the cost of shipping to the US was less than the (hidden) discount of being refunded the VAT that is included in the list price.

Enjoy!

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge Europe”