EU VAT rules changes as of July 2021

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: EU VAT rules changes as of July 2021

Post by William » Thu May 27, 2021 6:03 pm

MCharod wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 pm From what I read, ... postal operator.

Perhaps there is a way around it if buying from a private individual, but I don't see how they can check that..or they need to check the sender's data for every package.

But bottomline: ... for EU.
A cashLESS society, so THEY can track EVERY transaction.
Don't let THEM get away with IT anywhere folks.
Sorry, I got a little political there. :? :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

MCharod
Orc
Orc

Post by MCharod » Thu May 27, 2021 7:05 pm

William wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:03 pm
MCharod wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 pm From what I read, ... postal operator.

Perhaps there is a way around it if buying from a private individual, but I don't see how they can check that..or they need to check the sender's data for every package.

But bottomline: ... for EU.
A cashLESS society, so THEY can track EVERY transaction.
Don't let THEM get away with IT anywhere folks.
Sorry, I got a little political there. :? :lol:
Too late for that..we are already there...and banks are just criminals...they are now trying to go so far as to give a negative interest on your savings account...Basically you'll have to pay them to keep a savings account at their 'institution'..so paying them to keep track of some digits on a hard drive...Cause that is what most money is nowadays...crypto currency is looking more attractive every day.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 27, 2021 7:42 pm

I've known/heard about negative interest rates for some time now, but I didn't know some countries had gone completely cashless. :shock: :evil:
Yikes, really, no bills or coins, just credit? That's not a good thing. :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Thu May 27, 2021 8:00 pm

MCharod wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:05 pm they are now trying to go so far as to give a negative interest on your savings account...
Considering that the interest rate offered by most banks for saving accounts is incredibly low (often less than 1%), once you figure in inflation (around 2%), you are effectively paying negative interest in terms of purchasing power no matter where you go.

One of the worst things they did was take us (the USA) off the gold standard in my opinion.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Banshee
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Banshee » Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 am

Well currently when I order something from the DF store say for 500 us dollar i usually pay like 10% additional import taxes. Its not rven close to the 19% vat of germany.

So am I always lucky? Or will that now change?

MCharod
Orc
Orc

Post by MCharod » Mon May 31, 2021 2:58 pm

Banshee wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:06 am Well currently when I order something from the DF store say for 500 us dollar i usually pay like 10% additional import taxes. Its not rven close to the 19% vat of germany.

So am I always lucky? Or will that now change?
Not sure to be honest...from what I understand of it, the VAT rate will be of the country where your purchase will be imported, where it enters the European Union..so I guess if that's Germany, it will be 19%...if it is Belgium, it will be 21% as each country has its own VAT rate.

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 pm

Hm, sorry but what is the difference compared to before?

I had to pay VAT for every order I made at DF. Either during the KS included in the shipping costs or via iParcel or at the custom office.

:?: :!:
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Balmung
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Balmung » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:33 am

NiandoBG wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 pm Hm, sorry but what is the difference compared to before?

I had to pay VAT for every order I made at DF. Either during the KS included in the shipping costs or via iParcel or at the custom office.

:?: :!:
First VAT change is only concering the EU customs, basically you pay the VAT of the destination country now. (eg. I sell wine from Germany (VAT 19% to the Netherlands (21%), customer would have to pay 21% VAT on the product, not 19%). I will post a more exact breakdown of customs from the US soonish, and will try to find a way to reduce costs for us Europeans. I just paid 270€ in customs for a 860€ DwF order - which comes out to 32%, far from the 19% GER VAT. I am waiting for the invoice and will double check.

I am working in international retail, which means I know my way around EU shipping and such, maybe I might find a way so we can spand money in dwarvenite rather than customs.

Return to “Ask Dwarven Forge Europe”