Shipping cost is massive

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping cost is massive

Post by jgt4242 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:53 am

kitenerd wrote:This seems to be an ongoing issue the crops up periodically. Would it make sense for Dwarven Forge to have a pop up window when someone selects a country other than the United States that says "Please be aware that our shipping calculator is inaccurate for foreign shipping. Feel free to contact us directly to work out a better shipping method for your location."

This would head off a lot of frustration and perhaps save some abandoned shopping carts.
Lol yes kind of, but she explained to me that USPS was a problem in the last couple of days/weeks.
For me I would prefer the old USPS option that costed less (not Express, and could take up to 21 days) instead of FedEx or UPS. In Quebec City both UPS and FedEx have a REALLY bad services and I'm pretty sure I'll have to pay damn customs anyways. Suzy urged me to choose UPS or FedEx instead of USPS since they have problems with them for now, but I almost backed up since I hate UPS and FedEx for their overpricing on arrival and most of the time they don't even knock at the door they just leave a note. Sometime they don't even leave a note and I get to know my package is at their office by the tracking number. Worse one time FedEx dropped the package right in front of my door, on the sidewalk, without even knocking, no joke. I was so pissed off!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:35 am

This seems to be an ongoing issue the crops up periodically. Would it make sense for Dwarven Forge to have a pop up window when someone selects a country other than the United States that says "Please be aware that our shipping calculator is inaccurate for foreign shipping. Feel free to contact us directly to work out a better shipping method for your location."

This would head off a lot of frustration and perhaps save some abandoned shopping carts.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Just to so you all know in case you don't...I wrote to Suzy about shipping to Canada and she offered me to ship via UPS or FedEx...wich was like a third of the price it would have costed me with their present USPS option.

Thanks Suzy!
Now I just hope I won't have to pay a truck of money for customs fees lol...

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Post by jgt4242 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Shipping most of the time work with weight, how big is the package and distance.
Still, Dwarven Forge shipping quote is crazy.

I've been shipped an orders of their tiles, but not by them, by a guy on Ebay.
A 5 sets kickstarter pledge of dungeons tiles, complete with all bonus + 2 other sets...for like 70$ of shipping. It weighted about 40 pounds. I've communicated with him and the price was right.

Doing that here would cost me almost 200$ of shipping here.
Their system to get shipping quote is just not right. Dwarven Forge has indeed the highest shipping quote I've ever seen and it's worse since the start of January since they removed an option.

Now if I want to build a set of Imperial Street it will cost me about 100$ shipping for that set alone.

Now I don't want to whine about this. I really love the products and I plan to order more and the customer services is good...no the customer service is friggin great! BUT...the fact is since shipping kind of gone double for me I will order half the time I would normally, It's that crazy. Somebody on the DF facebook page officially told me to email them to get a proper shipping quote too.

TheCube
Kobold
Kobold

Post by TheCube » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:23 am

I agree with it. In kickstarter projects shipping cost are more than expected...

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 am

Pkunky wrote:Uhm, is it okay to negotiate for a better shipping rate as a general thing? I noticed that the cost to get parcels sent out to Aus jumped a ton over the last few years in the store, and I'm pretty sure it works out to be a lot more than standard shipping would be by weight and size, but I didn't know if part of that was a packing fee or something as well. :/

I've backed out of the store front a few times now, when I've realised my shipping was over half again of what I was buying.
I could be mistaken, but I would surmise that the system works off of worst case generalities rather than actual shipping costs. Contacting directly may afford the option to get a better rate. I'm honestly not certain if that is encouraged or not, but I don't think it would hurt to email and ask. I would just refrain from asking frivolously and make sure you have a purchase in mind.

Pkunky
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Pkunky » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Uhm, is it okay to negotiate for a better shipping rate as a general thing? I noticed that the cost to get parcels sent out to Aus jumped a ton over the last few years in the store, and I'm pretty sure it works out to be a lot more than standard shipping would be by weight and size, but I didn't know if part of that was a packing fee or something as well. :/

I've backed out of the store front a few times now, when I've realised my shipping was over half again of what I was buying.

steelman
Kobold
Kobold

Post by steelman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for the tip!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:39 pm

If you are making a medium order that falls somewhere near 2-5 KG, email Suzy at DF directly, as she can usually give you better shipping. The store's calculator is not very good at all.

For example, for me in Japan, I can get 35.00 shipping for up to two pounds, but then it jumps to 145.00 in the store's calculator. If I email Suzy, I can get shipping between those two price points.

dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com

or

dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

steelman
Kobold
Kobold

Shipping cost is massive

Post by steelman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:31 pm

Man the shipment is killing your customer satisfaction, i'm paying £39.60 for shipment. That's the same amount I payed for shipping a crokinole board from Canada. Nothing from the UK i've ever ordered comes close that amount. I've just checkout a pair of dumbbells 30 kg weight i had to pay 22£ for that. £39.60 for a couple of kilos of game tiles, there practically indestructible. What am I missing?