Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Any restock happening?

Post by Harneloot » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 am

William wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:07 pm
... I wonder if these sets are old sets that were found in a warehouse, from a personal collection of DF, or really are new. I am hoping they are new and are to test interest.
It has been my thought the whole time, that these are not a new run from China. ........... Any info D.F.?
Well, the only other sets listed on that sheet as being restocked at the same time (early June) are the Normal Painted Dungeon Tiles base set and Normal unpainted Basic Dwarvenite Cavern sets....a clue?
Last edited by Harneloot on Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:07 pm
... I wonder if these sets are old sets that were found in a warehouse, from a personal collection of DF, or really are new. I am hoping they are new and are to test interest.
It has been my thought the whole time, that these are not a new run from China. ........... Any info D.F.?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Again, I hope this frenzy shows that there is still interest in the resin lake line (if ebay prices weren't enough of a tip off) to do production runs of it again. Even if there are more reject pieces, so the price is higher than other resin sets, I think people would still buy it. There is an audience for it. Even if it weren't "only a few" or "limited" and was a full run, I think they would still sell out super fast. I wonder if these sets are old sets that were found in a warehouse, from a personal collection of DF, or really are new. I am hoping they are new and are to test interest.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Sigh.

"very limited" has been downgraded to "only a few":

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y9j-Q4 ... liuQk/view

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:43 am

I hope they do the purchase limit on the limited edition sets and the water cavern sets. As someone who buy/sells collections fairly regularly, I of course like it when prices on out of print stuff goes up, but it's gotten ridiculous with the water sets. I hope every single set they sell gets picked up by someone who uses them. I refuse to buy sets out from under people's noses and then try to sell them to the same people for jacked up prices. It's one thing to piece out a collection, but it's another thing to actively try to price a hobby out of range.

I see this in the Magic the Gathering community now, buyouts of cards to inflate prices are now a thing. Buy/sell responsibly. :)
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Arsolos wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
I notice the river and lake expansion sets just disappeared again from the store (they'd reappeared two days ago as "sold out"). Maybe this means they're not being restocked after all?

Arsolos
I noticed this too...very strange! Would be SO GREAT if they restocked them all though! :D

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Arsolos wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm
I notice the river and lake expansion sets just disappeared again from the store (they'd reappeared two days ago as "sold out"). Maybe this means they're not being restocked after all?

Arsolos
I don't think we should be jumping to any conclusions at this point. Lets just wait and see... patience is the key.

I keep clicking refresh on the "classic dungeon" page... and not much changes. You know there are going to be a lot of clicks between now and early June....

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Arsolos » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Arsolos

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:39 pm

I saw someone on ebay yesterday selling a lot of the soon to be restocked stuff at very very high markups. He/She neglected to mention the restock coming in a couple months for some reason.

It could all be just coincidence, of course.

I do remember when DF found all the resin in their warehouse a few years ago and how fast some of it ended up on ebay at high markups. It is terrible people do that, but I cannot see how it can be stopped. Just keep the one per person limit I guess. Or better, one per credit card or address.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arsolos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Arsolos » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:24 am

Agreed. I've been hunting for an affordable lake or river set on the secondhand market for months, but have yet to find anything for under $500 or more per set. I'm really worried thar unless they limit purchases to 2 or even 1 per customer, the speculators will snap up all the sets within hours of the restock.