Report Bugs Here

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:Report Bugs Here

Post by jchunick » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Yeah, they really need to build a development environement (copy of the website) so changes can be made there and tested before moving them over to the live site... It seems they are making a lot of changes and it's breaking things here and there. I couldn't post either for a bit... it kept on telling me I was entering an invalid code when trying to submit my post.

Forums are a real pain if they are old, too. I haven't delved into which one is being used for the DF forums, but I'd imagine it's fairly old.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:19 pm

I could not even post earlier so going to give it another try. I got it working on Windows 7 although I cannot print and not all the tiles are there.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Brother Argos wrote:

Running the Mapmaker at http://mapmaker.dwarvenforge.com/ on Windows 8.1

Tested using: -

Chrome : Version 39.0.2171.95 m (64-bit)

Firefox : 33.1.1

Internet Explorer : 11.0.9600.16659

The accordion menu in the navbar area, when opened and scrolled, prevents the zoom in, zoom out, move up, move down buttons from functioning (and possibly others but not tested).

It appears to be "above" the buttons on the screen even when it is not visible. I suspect either z-order or not being clipped.

Workaround
----------

Scroll the accordion menu back to its start position and the buttons are accessible again.

I read your post and decided to do a bit of investigating... it looks like the map maker is using KineticJS, and thus canvas for drawing everything on the screen. Here's what the Github page says about this (https://github.com/ericdrowell/KineticJS/wiki):
Kinetic stages are made up of user defined layers. Each layer has two canvas renderers, a scene renderer and a hit graph renderer. The scene renderer is what you can see, and the hit graph renderer is a special hidden canvas that's used for high performance event detection.

It does handle events on multiple layers using event bubbling, so I would suspect that when you are scrolling the layer that has select-able tiles on it, that layer (which is still there) is receiving the message first through the event bubbling and somehow blocking the click on the button... this may likely be a programming error introduced by the programmer who made the map maker rather than the KineticJS framework, but I wouldn't know unless I delved into it and tested on how the event bubbling works and also delved into the map maker code to see how the events are handled.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Brother Argos
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Brother Argos » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Running the Mapmaker at http://mapmaker.dwarvenforge.com/ on Windows 8.1

Tested using: -

Chrome : Version 39.0.2171.95 m (64-bit)

Firefox : 33.1.1

Internet Explorer : 11.0.9600.16659

The accordion menu in the navbar area, when opened and scrolled, prevents the zoom in, zoom out, move up, move down buttons from functioning (and possibly others but not tested).

It appears to be "above" the buttons on the screen even when it is not visible. I suspect either z-order or not being clipped.

Workaround
----------

Scroll the accordion menu back to its start position and the buttons are accessible again.

Eiyma
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Eiyma » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Download bug also confirmed for Chrome, and a second browser based on chrome (comodo dragon)

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Bug is confirmed in Safari / Firefox for Mac.

Also the Banner Adverts at the top of all pages for "Master Maze" and "Game Tiles" no longer work since the shop was migrated to the new cart system. FYI.

Jorkohn
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Jorkohn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:38 am

It seems that there is a general issue with the MapMaker program. When anyone in my group tries to go to the site http://dwarvenforge.com/mapmaker/ the program wants to act like a download file and wont open correctly/at all in Firefox or Internet Explorer.
So if there is an update going on or the MapMaker has simplely crashed, information would be greatly appreciated.

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:09 am

Well, as it turns out, it also gives me the error when I check it from my PC. Below is a pic of what I get when I click the Game Tiles button.
Attachments
404.png
404.png (12.79 KiB) Viewed 6585 times

jimibones83
Orc
Orc

Post by jimibones83 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Clicking the Game Tiles icon from my phone displays an error titled "404-Component Not Found". I haven't tried it from my PC yet, but its been like this at least a week from my phone. I've cleared the cache but it still doesnt work. I always check the site from my phone, its never been a problem.

Jorkohn
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Jorkohn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 am

Using Mindows 7 and Firefox:
When I scroll down the tiles list and then try to click anything in the menu (zoom, share, undo) it will click the part of the tile list that is 'behind' the menu.
Example: With just the 'Caverns set with Stretch Goals' tab open and I scroll to the very bottom of the list, so the 'Annotations' tab is visible. Clicking 'Print' opens the 'Lava Caverns Pack' tab, and clicking the Dwarven Forge icon gets the Cavern 45 Degree piece.