Feature Requests for Map Maker upgrade

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Feature Requests for Map Maker upgrade

Post by ForestZ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:54 pm

It's been showing that way for a couple of weeks for me. I'm wondering the same thing.

msimone
Kobold
Kobold

Post by msimone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 am

The last couple of days, it's been showing unavailable due to a system upgrade, but I don't see any posts about that happening on the forum. Just something wrong with my browser, maybe? Or a different link? I'd much prefer to think that it's user error.

^RIGOR^
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ^RIGOR^ » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 am

I really hope resin sets will be added in the near future. Sincerely I think it's not fair dwarvenite backers have an official map maker and resin buyers have to rely to a fan-made program. I know it requires time and money but imho resin wants the same rights as dwarvenite.

Jorkohn
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Jorkohn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Update running for the MapMaker program. Any knowledge of what will be in it or how long it will take to update? I don't want to rush it but I need it in 2 weeks because my group will have a guest DM and he would like to make the map before the session.

Jorkohn
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Jorkohn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:46 am

Will the MapMaker program receive an update now that the KickStarter is completed to include all of the new items added and the visual changes made to the 'pending' appearance of some pieces since the last Update?

Fizzikx
Orc
Orc

Post by Fizzikx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 am

I\'m not sure if this has been posted already or not but it would be VERY useful to see the origional resin sets in the mapmaker as well. Especailly Caverns.

evandariel
Goblin
Goblin

Post by evandariel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:25 am

There definitely needs to be offline version. Pretty sure the mapmaker upgrade stretch goal amount should be able to cover that. Even if you make it a package to download with the graphics included so you can run it offline, then when you save a map it can save it as a \"bookmark\" that reopens it. If you click share it would generate the correct link to show it on the online version for other people. Then when online add a save map button that will save it to your offline bookmark collection.

I do programming of websites so that should be easily doable.
These people are good people here....except jason.

Hobe

Post by Hobe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Have spent the last few nights trying to integrate my map maker creations into Roll20 in order to be able to play the same game online and offline. Am in the military so many of my gamer friends are all around the world. If there was an export to .jpg function that set the squares at 70 pixels it would make it perfect to import in. Nothing like playing in a google hangout and then getting to upload photos of the actual dungeon after the session.

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:54 pm

These are all nice upgrades to have, I agree. It would also be nice if the print function was fixed so it would actually print the entire map.

JenneyOC
Ogre
Ogre

Post by JenneyOC » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Things I would like to see:

1- input what \'sets\' I have and it automatically loads my available tiles.

2- ability to save that information

3- all sets available from DF be included even if they are labeled as Dungeon KS Floor pack (as that is different from Dungeon DF store Floor Pack)

4- be able to restrict my builds to my available tiles

5- downloadable version that i can keep on my laptop that i can work on without being online

6- printable maps (though i do like this in the alternate skin suggested earlier)

7- save to my archive of maps