Feature Requests for Map Maker upgrade

shoesan1
Orc
Orc

Re:Feature Requests for Map Maker upgrade

Post by shoesan1 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Since users are going to be able to save maps, that tells me there will be a user database hosted on your server. What I would like to see is an inventory feature added to the software that lets each user create an inventory (typically that reflects what that user owns), and then creates a "pieces available" list on the left side. It should allow you to input both quantities of sets and quantities of pieces. So, if you add "Wicked Additions II" to your user inventory, it will load all the pieces you get with that set into your inventory. Have two sets? Load in quantity two. Then you could take away a mermaid fountain wall (if yours got lost or broken during a move, for example) or it could let you add an extra mermaid fountain if you happened to buy an extra one in addition to the one you got with the set. Having the software tell you how many pieces and sets you have used is good, but keeping track of how many you have left via your own personal inventory would be way, way better. Once you do the one time "load in all my pieces" work, you never have to worry about whether you actually own enough pieces to recreate your MapMaker map on the game table.

With the Master Maze line fully represented (I really, really hope this is the case!) in MapMaker, you will also need to organize the tiles on the left... into folders or something... as there will be alot of different pieces available!

I am SO excited about MapMaker!!!
Shoe

shade_1313
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shade_1313 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 pm

GX.Sigma wrote:

I'd like to be able to select multiple pieces at once, and copy+paste.

Added on to this good idea, I'd love a feature where you could drag a selection box over a group of tiles and "group" them, so that they can be moved and manipulated as if they were one piece. Then, if you need to later "ungroup" them, just click on the grouped piece to make it the active piece and a button to ungroup them back to separate tiles.

Rifnascus

Post by Rifnascus » Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Currently when you place two floor pieces on top of one another they look like a single piece. I would like to be able to see what the new elevation would be either through a number or a small offset.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm

If you place a straight wall and click the "right arrow" multiple times, it will place multiple straight walls on the right. It would be nice if once you click the down or up arrow, it would transform the latest placed tile into a corner and place a new wall down. This way you could form big rooms faster by clicking something like: left, left, left, left, down, down, right, right, right, right, right, up, up to form a 3*5 room without needing to select new tiles.

GX.Sigma
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GX.Sigma » Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I'd like to be able to select multiple pieces at once, and copy+paste.

Philomorph
Kobold
Kobold

Feature Requests for Map Maker upgrade

Post by Philomorph » Wed May 01, 2013 12:03 pm

I think it would be good to have a thread for ideas people would like to see in the upgraded Map Maker. I'll start:

Rulers - inches (and scale feet if possible). We need to be able to easily tell if our creation will fit on the gaming table!

Alternatively, or additionally, allow a "borders" function where you can define the size of your gaming area and restrict placement of tiles to within that area.

Finally, of course, add all the add-on sets as options and allow the user to "define" up front which sets and add-ons they have, so they can easily make sure they don't exceed their available pieces.

Thanks!!