Kickstarter Game Tiles Map Maker is Coming Soon!

granpappy77
Orc
Orc

Re:Kickstarter Game Tiles Map Maker is Coming Soon!

Post by granpappy77 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 am

Agreed on many of the requests above. Eventually adding the resin lines woulbe be a boon to existing collectors and our new kickstarter-inspired friends (welcome to you all, by the way) what can be done with the fancier sets. Being able to set certain dimensions would be nice, as would an online "toolbox" where you can enter the number of pieces you own so you design something you can actually build.

monkplayer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by monkplayer » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:02 am

Another idea is can you set up the program for a specific area to be covered? My table is a specific dimension and I would like to have the Map Builder to have pre-set dimensions to work within.

Saving images of your apsis a great idea as well as having the option of building with MasterMaze products.
"Keep the Dice Rollin"

dartagnan4

Post by dartagnan4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 am

This is an awesome idea - will it be able to be saved as an image file?

I have an Obsidian Portal page ( http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... /main-page ) and it would be cool if I could integrate smaller image files as part of the map or adventure logs as my camera is a piece of junk and the pic's I do take tend to get a little distorted at a larger size.

Lordannilhus
Orc
Orc

Re:Map Maker is Coming Soon!

Post by Lordannilhus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:28 am

otherworld wrote:

If you eventually added Master Maze pieces to the Map Maker, it would encourage Game Tiles customers to look at what else is available in the resin lines.

Hi everyone,

Absolutly agree. I think this is the most important publicity that you can do, and especially for all the new customers. They could see all the possibilities that they will have, with all the differents sets !!

Do it :)

Soon

Lord

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:25 am

Wonderful idea. Come on 1 million! I'll add another vote to callahan09's suggestions. Any or all of these functions would be helpful.

Sorn
Orc
Orc

Post by Sorn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:17 pm

I have to second Callahan's sentiments. The ability to input your existing collection of pieces and dynamically compare that to the particular layout you are putting together to ensure you do not go beyond your collection would be very, very useful.

callahan09
Kobold
Kobold

Post by callahan09 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi,

I'm a supporter on the KickStarter and very excited for what the new series of game tiles will offer in the future!

I just wanted to give some of my thoughts on the map maker program you've proposed...

It's a great tool, but I hope it has some features that will make it even better:

- As you're designing the dungeon, it will display a report of how many of each piece you have used and the tabletop footprint required to be able to support the model.

- Input a collection of pieces that you own so that you can limit your designs easily to what you can actually build, having a sort of toolbox of your tiles that you own and you know exactly when you've run out and can no longer use a particular piece.

If you need someone to help program features due to time or money constraints, I'd be willing to help out in any capacity I can.

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Map Maker is Coming Soon!

Post by dandare » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 pm

admin wrote:

If we get to $1,000,000 in funding, we will expand this Map Maker software so it is attached to your DF Forum account where you can save several maps -- and enjoy enhanced features. More information when we get closer to the $1 million Stretch Goal.

Great news.
Reminiscing now.... One of my earliest posts some years ago was all about a dungeon designer program that had the DF library at hand... (Ideally photo-realistic)

Will be great if the KS also brings such a tool into the fold.
I am especially interested if it does / can eventually cover the entire DF range.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:57 pm

That is awesome news. I really hope we can exceed the 1 mil mark. I am trying to scrape together more funding to make it possible for me to increase my pledge while mentioning this awesomeness to anyone I can.

I also had a thought for a really cool feature. I realize it might be challenging to implement, but I thought I would mention it as a kind of "eventually" sort of thing. The ability for users to create tiles they can add for pieces they have modified or created whole. I know it is a bit of a tall order, but it would be pretty awesome!

Ivanriver
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ivanriver » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello, if the old sets are added, that will make me to uprise my kickback. Is there any chance for add the clasic sets in a future?

Thanks