Re: Mapmaker has no resin tiles?

Post by brvheart » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:13 am

Well it was working, but now the tiles are no longer rotating,

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Harneloot wrote:No official word on this? Couldn't DF just import all the pictures that already exist as part of the old Tilesystem program?
I don't know who is actually maintaining it, but if anyone is at least dabbling it my money would be on Joanne, the web mistress.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:56 pm

No official word on this? Couldn't DF just import all the pictures that already exist as part of the old Tilesystem program?

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 pm

Adding KS3 and 4 is not practical since they are specifically designed to be built up. The mapmaker would have to be updated to be 3D... which would be very cool.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:47 pm

It still would be nice to be updated with all the old sets and the new kickstarters.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:12 am

Harneloot wrote:I just went to map-maker site ready to design a short cavern dungeon for my new campaign and noticed...there are no resin tiles? Has it always been like this? Is there any plan to get the resin tiles into (or re-populate) the program? I am confused and dismayed.... :cry:
To my knowledge the creation of the present map maker was part of KS1 funding and the updating was part of KS2 funding so that would be why you would only find KS1 & 2 items in it.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:35 pm

Really??? That is disappointing. They should at least reference the old iconic pieces of the classic dungeon sets like the secret doors and long corridors. The rest could use KS1 tiles as substitute.
But caverns? The entire original caverns set should be represented. I can see not having cavernous corridors, chasm, etc but at least the original set.
I prefer to play around with the actual pieces when planning my setups so have never used it. But I have room to do that. I know that you and some others live where space is premium so map maker would be quite useful.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Mapmaker has no resin tiles?

Post by Harneloot » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 pm

I just went to map-maker site ready to design a short cavern dungeon for my new campaign and noticed...there are no resin tiles? Has it always been like this? Is there any plan to get the resin tiles into (or re-populate) the program? I am confused and dismayed.... :cry: