Price for a Master Maze room and passage set

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Price for a Master Maze room and passage set

Post by kitenerd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 am

lots of Canadians here - many use cross border forwarders - extra cost, but possibly worth checking out

have faith - the resin will find you!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:29 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm
Patience is the key - if you diligently watch eBay you can get deals:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-Dwarv ... true&rt=nc

$140 (incl ship) - no boxes, but a nice pile of pieces (roughly a R&P and a Room set together)

Check several times a day, just clicking "newly listed" and try to get something with a low "buy it now" price before the rest of us notice

Use bidding software on auctions - figure out what it is worth to you and put it in your bid software - then detach emotionally and see if you win - 90% of the time you won't - but the software keeps you from going over budget

Stockpile cash - one set will always go for a higher price (per set) than a bunch of sets together - occasionally someone will list 4-8 sets as a huge lot - not many people are prepared to drop a thousand bucks, but if you are - you can get a great deal

Craigslist is cheaper, but requires FAR more patience as more often than not there is nothing there - still i have found good deals

The real trick is to be patient (did i mention this before?) and to figure out what you want. Will the bowties bug you? Do you want passages or advanced builder or traps (resin traps are VERY cool... with DoD they have competition, but they are still AWESOME). Wicked Additions are amazing and set #2 is still in stock! Each of these sets offers a signature encounter like the mermaid fountain that gives you the opportunity to write a story around it.

In the end you will probably use your dwarvenite more anyway, but get the resin - it is beautiful and a treasure you will cherish
Sadly i am in Canada so most of the stuff on eBay doesnt ship here :(

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Patience is the key - if you diligently watch eBay you can get deals:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Lot-Dwarv ... true&rt=nc

$140 (incl ship) - no boxes, but a nice pile of pieces (roughly a R&P and a Room set together)

Check several times a day, just clicking "newly listed" and try to get something with a low "buy it now" price before the rest of us notice

Use bidding software on auctions - figure out what it is worth to you and put it in your bid software - then detach emotionally and see if you win - 90% of the time you won't - but the software keeps you from going over budget

Stockpile cash - one set will always go for a higher price (per set) than a bunch of sets together - occasionally someone will list 4-8 sets as a huge lot - not many people are prepared to drop a thousand bucks, but if you are - you can get a great deal

Craigslist is cheaper, but requires FAR more patience as more often than not there is nothing there - still i have found good deals

The real trick is to be patient (did i mention this before?) and to figure out what you want. Will the bowties bug you? Do you want passages or advanced builder or traps (resin traps are VERY cool... with DoD they have competition, but they are still AWESOME). Wicked Additions are amazing and set #2 is still in stock! Each of these sets offers a signature encounter like the mermaid fountain that gives you the opportunity to write a story around it.

In the end you will probably use your dwarvenite more anyway, but get the resin - it is beautiful and a treasure you will cherish

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am

Wow. I'd just direct him to ebay listings at this point and if he's not willing to budge, then move on.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 am

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 pm
If it is a DoE Room & Passage all bets are off ;)

I picked up my bowtie stuff a lot cheaper than that - as a consumer (as opposed to a seller) i would call under $100 a good deal for bowties and $125-150 without
I proposed 120$. The seller refused, saying that he wouldn't go lower than 200$ as, and I quote, he didn't know where I got my sources for the price I asked as he saw many sets sometimes with fewers pieces going as high as 350$. (I proposed this number as the only other reference I have other than you guys is a set of room and passages with bowties #1 and #2 going for 250$ for the lot)

I told him that 120 was my price (and i proposed to go directly to him for a 2.5h drive) saving him the trouble of shipping and all.

No answer after that. Oh well. Guess i'll have to wait for my KSV !

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:23 am

Mushu_Green wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm
kitenerd wrote:

I picked up my bowtie stuff a lot cheaper than that - as a consumer (as opposed to a seller) i would call under $100 a good deal for bowties and $125-150 without
There is a version with bowtie and a version without?
In the beginning, there were bowties... and it was good

uhm, until people figured out that they didn't really need bowties and that they were a pain in the butt

then they started making everything bowtie less and it looked better, and the people were happy

some people even unloaded all their bowtie sets to get non bowtie sets - this was an opportunity for some of us (who like to consider themselves frugal, but could be called cheap bastards) to get some cool old resin at bargain prices

now with the KS's bringing so many folks into the fold it seems like the resin stuff is getting scarcer and climbing in price

I cannot collect anymore - i am OUT of space (i seriously have NO IDEA where i am going to put KS V) - which is good for my wallet ;)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:38 pm

http://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog. ... ngeon_Sets

^^^ Good resource put together by our very own Vegomatic here on the forums.

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:04 pm

kitenerd wrote:

There is a version with bowtie and a version without?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:30 pm

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 pm

I would say based on ebay sold listings, a price of $112-130 is fair for a set with bowties. The cheapest recent auction was for $130 shipped. ($105 + $25 shipping) Ebay charges 10% and paypal is about 4%. So if he sold on ebay it would sell for a net minimum of $112 in theory. If I were selling here, I would list for $112. Other listings go as high as $176.50 shipped for one without bowties (with one really expensive outlier as well for $220), so if it doesn't have bowties, then I would say an offer of around $150 is fair.