About shipping costs to Europe..

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Re: About shipping costs to Europe..

Post by dandare » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Sharing my personal experience from both KS1 and KS2, I was lucky to 'avoid' the additional Duty Fee as the last leg of the journey came to me via Germany.
All European to European countries are exempt from Duty and that last leg seemed to fool the UK customs.
May not work everywhere - but worked twice for me here in the UK.

Good luck! (I still recommend that you budget for an additional +20% Duty fee... Just in case)

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Not exactly.
By going to the post office, you'll have the choice to send your packages by using the global postal system and you have a tracking order barcode by airmail or even by boat which is slower and less expensive. And you can add an insurance too.

As I told you, DF has never changed the delivering company.
It increases the prices for international orders so it's limiting their offer worldwide.
It also makes some crazy prices. (choose one pack of half bow ties (5$) and you have to add 100$ of postage & package ... :lol: ) so if you're european, no problem : just wait for Thod's offer next year. Anyway this KS will be delivered in the US only next year so cool down and do not panic.

^RIGOR^
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ^RIGOR^ » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:Exactly.
Dwarven Forge has never shipped without USPS so no other and cheaper option for the europeans to get those products.
And don't forget to add 20% of VAT more on the final total you'll pay at the delivery.

Right now the best advice : just let's wait for Thod's offer to see if we can have a better deal in middle 2016 ... if Thod will still dsitribute DF products of course.
True...but consider this: many people on ebay send dungeon tiles/caverns original boxes from US to Europe for way cheaper prices...so it is possible to do it! I know it's dangerous shipping without tracking numbers, but I hadn't any problems till now..

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:04 am

Exactly.
Dwarven Forge has never shipped without USPS so no other and cheaper option for the europeans to get those products.
And don't forget to add 20% of VAT more on the final total you'll pay at the delivery.

Right now the best advice : just let's wait for Thod's offer to see if we can have a better deal in middle 2016 ... if Thod will still dsitribute DF products of course.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:04 am

After years of seeing this question on the forums, I can tell you that the answer is NO.

The only thing customers can do to lower shipping costs is to avoid them, either by picking up their items from a delivery address here in the US, or waiting to order items from the European distributor at a later date.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

^RIGOR^
Goblin
Goblin

About shipping costs to Europe..

Post by ^RIGOR^ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:43 am

Is there a way to drop them a bit (like cutting some options, as the insurance or the tracking number)?

Return to “Questions?”