Shipping to Europe without customs

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Shipping to Europe without customs

Post by dandare » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:27 pm

HeroQuest is correct & I am also a customer of Thod for tat reason.
(& long may he continue to operate in Europe)

...however.
The last two KS'ers I paid no import DUTY / VAT.
Their last leg to me was via Germany and that seemed to confuse the British import peeps and I saved a great deal of money.

Whilst even via Germany cannot be 100% (in that a diligent system would spot it was actually from the US), it worked for me here in the UK twice.
(Only KS'ers, buying from DF US store carries hefty import Duty / VAT + higher shipping.)
So there is hope... (Needs DF to confirm they will ship same manner as past KS'ers)

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks, HeroQuest. Now I know why DwF shipping to Europe gets so much attention from our European brethren!

Yikes!

The Least Weasel

Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:08 am

To GodofWar.

I won't come back on this terrible french invention that is the VAT and that all countries have decided to apply ... but in whole Europe all imported products are taxed with it.
Yes it's what you know under the "value added tax" name that each state in the US applies seperately.
Depending the country you live in, it is closesly the same in whole Europe : 20% on the final invoice. So a KS is a nightmare because if you spent 400$ in some sets, you add postage & package that immediately increases the price to 650$ then you have to add 20% at the arrival of your package ... !

When a retailer buys 5000 boxes of the last gameboard D&D (for instance), he always deals and gets a margin. Even if he pays the VAT at the arrival of the contener, he's still in measure to purpose reasonable prices on the quantity he ordered and get profit.
I preordered the last one for 48€ including postage & package ...

Other kickstarters purpose a postage & package price for european orders because they already made a deal with a local retailer. Not DF.
So it's hard for us to understand why our european retailer (Thod) is not implicated directly to deliver the orders. It seems to be nothing is planed yet for this third KS.

So for Thod's shop, yeah he also has to apply the VAT for the european customers.
He already explained his prices here in the forum in another topic and how he proceeds to order with DF USA so we support him for all his great efforts. He helped us so much you can't imagine !
I think Thod can drop you some lines here in case you do not find the topic.

By buying with Thod, we save a lot of money on the postage & package fees (from 100$ to 30€ ...) so it makes his prices better than buying directly to DF USA.
Should be clear now to undertsand european purposes saying KS are not directly for us.
We'll wait.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:06 am

I am ashamed.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:42 am

Anime:

The Grammar Police tell me Pig Latin for 'Latin' is 'Atinlay'

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 am

Anime Sensei:

I speak 'Bill the Cat':

Psstthfffffffpt!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Iay eakspay igpay inlatay.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 pm

HeroQuestFrance wrote:Hola Ivan !

Se que los gastos de envio con la TVA son cosas malas para nosotros pero lo que pide no es posible por todos los europeanos y tambien el resto del mundo.
Pero el proximo ano, sera posible -normalmente- de comprar el KS con la tienda de Thod (http://www.dwarvenforge.eu)
Espero su confirmacion sobre este foro.
Salud, 'Hero Quest France'. Favor de informar un Yanqui que significa este 'TVA' - es el 'impuesto de valor adicional' ? (disculpa la falta de marcas diacriticas Espanolas en mi computadora).

Como funciona la compra de Dwarven Forge de Thod - el tiene que pagar el impuesto TVA cuando el importa de los EE.UU, no?

Pregunta final - Ud. es de la Francia?

El Comadreja Menor
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Hola Ivan !

Se que los gastos de envio con la TVA son cosas malas para nosotros pero lo que pide no es posible por todos los europeanos y tambien el resto del mundo.
Pero el proximo ano, sera posible -normalmente- de comprar el KS con la tienda de Thod (www.dwarvenforge.eu)
Espero su confirmacion sobre este foro.

Ivanriver
Goblin
Goblin

Shipping to Europe without customs

Post by Ivanriver » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Hello, I´m from Spain, I want to know if this Kickstarter is going to be sent from inside Europe so we won´t have to pay custom taxes. The kickstarter campaign doesn´t say anything about it in a clear way. Thanks

Return to “Questions?”