Dwarvenite DF outdoor tiles & accessories

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Dwarvenite DF outdoor tiles & accessories

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:01 am

Those look better than I feel they should. Very minimalist but somehow it just pulls it off. Congrats!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:09 pm

William wrote:Thanks for showing all these home craft solutions, but this was a thread to see what we want DF to make in a future Outdoor Wilderness KS.
All I'm saying is;

I would like Dwarven Forge to make the absolute pinnacle system of gaming trees.

That's all. Easy, right? ;)
William I completely agree; I'd love DF to do trees. I've always felt that's been a weak spot in the terrain market. And I'll buy a forest if they do it. But the biggest problem is that even if they offer them in KS5 we won't see anything for 18 month.

Anyway, I've been experimenting on and off for a year now and I suspect you're being sarcastic when you say easy. I spotted this thread on Friday, so I threw some of my work together to show you what I thought could be possible for trees.

And here's what I came up with 3D priniting my ideas. Many are my designs and other are design I've found and modified a bit. None are really "artistic," I'm not trying to depict a single tree and all it's leaves; I want a woods or a forest even.

My first thoughts on a modular tree design; canopy, trunk, and base:

Leaving home:

Trouble on the trail:

Close up with some undergrowth:

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:03 pm

William wrote:All I'm saying is;

I would like Dwarven Forge to make the absolute pinnacle system of gaming trees.
As I said in the first post

" I myself may not want some of the things that get listed here but that is not the point of this topic either."

I have no interest in tiles for rows of farm land crops but I hope every one who wants DF to make farm land tiles will come and post their ideas here because this topic is for Dwarvenite outdoor tiles & accessories that we hope DF will make.

So thanks everyone for you ideas wishes and wants so far and please post any more you have.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks for showing all these home craft solutions, but this was a thread to see what we want DF to make in a future Outdoor Wilderness KS.
All I'm saying is;

That's all. Easy, right? ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:55 am

AnimeSensei wrote:If you don't mind a coniferous forest, there are always the non-flocked christmas trees if you can find some. I did a few months ago at Joanne's.
It is hard to find anything cheaper than bottle brush trees.They are easy and fun to make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWMqGVnqD4

I do not think that is the solution for the PVC only faction.
Last edited by Oldent on Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:34 am

If you don't mind a coniferous forest, there are always the non-flocked christmas trees if you can find some. I did a few months ago at Joanne's.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:19 am

William wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

You nailed the idea, Kodiakbear. Not Bob, but the previous post. ;)
I couldn't add to that. I'll try to sketch something in the near future.

The foliage on the D&D ent is fiber filler and very durable. The tissue paper roll and plastic Halloween thorn trees further illustrate my point, . I think the body of the trees could be produced in PVC. Foliage like William prefers could be made in the soft plastic. The plastic plants in the above example were not washed well enough. The paint did not stick well.

Lady Sabbelle's leaf sculpting

I am looking forward to the molds. I usually use AC filter or sponges for hedges. I also use natural materials but then there is the issue of crap all over the place. :lol:

I have not quite finished these. At this stage they will shed crap all over the place.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:04 am

I am very interested in outdoor stuff, but probably not to the level of bushes and shrubbery. I am thinking mroe terrain like rocks, pits, and slopes.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:50 am

In my opening post I said how I hoped no one would post that we all should just go buy a bunch of aquarium plants.

I have nothing against plastic aquarium plants but most are the wrong scale and or color for use as plants and bushes in DF builds.

It would be great if DF did ever do outdoor tiles or woodland tiles KS to do a add-on pack of soft plastic or silicone plants and bushes. Now I remember the great angst that was caused during KS2 when the webs came out, but my guess is that who ever sourced the webs to DF could source soft plastic or silicone plants and bushes for DF that were size and colored to work perfectly in DF builds.

It is even possible that all the company would have to do is bundle a bunch of parts from the hundreds of existing plastic aquarium plants into one package there by giving terrain customers what they need with out all of the oversized and incorrect foliage there by making it even cheaper. But that might be to much of a long shot.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:55 am

pacarat wrote:Woodland type pieces. Additional feature : designed to integrate with resin Woodland set, allowing better alignment. I'm thinking 2x2 and 1x2 "walls", and 1x2 and 2x2 floor pieces.

Since I am a Dwarvenite only guy I would love to have a Woodland set brought to Dwarvenite

But the question of how to do it does remain.

When it was discovered that some or one of the cavern floor tiles had rock features that were not part of the base but were added so well that many had not noticed I thought that might be the answer to how to get great looking bushes and small trees attached to bases in a woodland set.

But since the sewer set came out and another KS used combos of floor tiles and separate wall tiles I think your idea of (2x2 and 1x2 "walls", and 1x2 and 2x2 floor pieces.) may be the better idea or at least the better idea for most of a Woodland type set.