Dwarvenite DF outdoor tiles & accessories

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: Dwarvenite DF outdoor tiles & accessories

Post by Blue Prophet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 pm

I don't think a fully realized outdoor wilderness environment made up of only dwarvenite is a good idea. But a few things can be made that will supplement the "outdoor" setups of cities and castles.

As someone who missed out on the Woodlands set when it was a bit more reasonably priced on the site, I'd like something similar that could be used as hedges/natural fencing/gardens within a city, as some have used Woodlands pieces. That kind of thing works well with right angle pieces.

Small free standing plants might be cool. But I can't picture a tree that I'd like made out of dwarvenite, especially considering the cost for such a large item.

However, some floor tiles that have more naturalistic textures, like dirt or sand or snow could work. If they were very reasonable in price (just floor tiles and not many sculpts), they could be customized with added grass and trees of various materials. I can't imagine liking sculpted dwarvenite grass. Different tiles with some variations in the ground texture, maybe country road pieces or outdoor stream (like water cavern style tiles) could work. I'd only consider tiles like these if they were very cheap though. A mat can work just as well for most outdoor encounters.

Even though it is messy, I think flocking and static grass looks way better than dwarvenite ever could for plants. So what about marketing something that is intended to me modified with your own added flocking. Or maybe even have the factory in China add flocking on the painted pieces (way more expensive of course).

I would prefer not trying to get into this kind of thing in KS5. There is more than enough other things that would be more popular than full outdoor tiles I think.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Nice Zach. :|
I think I like the LEGO one better, at least there's some modularity and I could make it bigger. :P
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Sure they do, William!
b55a766c1614cff0963c3a66fae723ff[1].jpg
b55a766c1614cff0963c3a66fae723ff[1].jpg (50.16 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
LEGO-Minecraft-Tree-Buiid-4846[1].jpg
LEGO-Minecraft-Tree-Buiid-4846[1].jpg (214.69 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
They just aren't pretty. :P
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Modular Dwarvenite Trees.

Modular to mix up tree height, branch amounts and size, shapes.
Also make them modular by Seasons - Fall (less and collored leaves), Winter (snow capped evergreens and leafless for all others), Summer (full and green). Spring - why?
Then add custom features like lookouts, tree houses, perches, rope noose (posibly with victim). birds, small critters, snakes, broken hanging branches, burned branches and trunks... shall I continue?

Dwarvenite, because it's indestructable and paintable.

Trees, because nobody really makes nice trees that aren't either fragile or dump crap all over the place.

I have many other wants, but that's the biggie.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Woodland type pieces. Additional feature : designed to integrate with resin Woodland set, allowing better alignment. I'm thinking 2x2 and 1x2 "walls", and 1x2 and 2x2 floor pieces.

I have played around with some GS and sculpy based designs, using 2x2 ceramic tiles as the base, to that end.

I want to use the resin WS more, but the mismatched sizing drives me nuts.

It would be great to have some new sculpts that would integrate well when interspersed with the resin.

Also, outbuildings, shacks, & huts... the more dilapidated or run down the better.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Dwarvenite DF outdoor tiles & accessories

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:55 am

I have started this topic on DF outdoor game tiles and accessories as a place for a conversation on what people want, need and hope DF will make someday in Dwarvenite or similar material.

I know some members do not want DF to spend a cent on outdoor items and some will suggest people go out and get a rock from out side or buy a bunch of aquarium plants or go to some other terrain website. That is not the point of this topic. I myself may not want some of the things that get listed here but that is not the point of this topic either. I will say that I think I will really like the mountain tiles from the last KS once they are in my hands.

So if DF was to make more Dwarvenite outdoor game tiles and accessories what would you want?