KS6 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

Post by jgt4242 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:51 pm

I totally want modular Dwarvenite trees. Stephan once told me : Maybe in KS6. Hope he didn't forget!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 am
ADD-ON Floor tiles some with LEDs for cracks of lava or magical light from below perhaps even a large floor tile with tubing so it could be hooked up to a fog machine to create volcanic steam vents.
This is a great idea. Seriously. I don't know how it could be implemented except on edge pieces (unless we get a smoke/fog machine that can fit within a tile) but if someone could pull it off it would be epic. It could easily be done with something like the DoE Hellscape volcano piece. Another place this could be good is in combination with waterfalls.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu May 25, 2017 4:57 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 am
In my tradition of way to soon discussions I present KS6 Forces of Nature.

Yes that's right we have not even started KS5s awesome return to the Dwarvenite dungeon and I am starting a discussion about a possible return to caverns and other natural terrain for KS6.

First off I have no idea what thoughts if any Stefan and crew have for KS6 but I do know that as soon as they are rested after KS5 they are going to have to start planning KS6 if they want to get the KS schedule back on schedule. But quite frankly a return to Dwarvenite caverns and other nature terrain makes since for KS6. So here we go.

Ideas for KS6 Forces of Nature

BASE SET would be cavern pieces made to work with KS2 caverns but able to be used all by their selves (new 2x2 tiles, 1x2 tiles to get use out of and back in to the 2x2 grid, 2x3 or larger tiles to give us some of the wall shapes that were not possible during the 2x2 KS2 format)

ADD-ON Floor tiles some with LEDs for cracks of lava or magical light from below perhaps even a large floor tile with tubing so it could be hooked up to a fog machine to create volcanic steam vents.

ADD-ON Basalt Columns. If you have not seen the fantastic basalt columns by William you need to look.

ADD-ON More mountain tiles and mountain tiles with waterfall tiles. Back in 2014 superjman came up with some great concepts for cavern waterfall tiles, while KS2 had elevations they were just not ready for waterfall tiles but now with the mountain tiles we are ready for waterfalls.

ADD-ON Water tiles be they more cavern water tiles or a whole new river, lake/moat tile system we need more water hazards.

So the above ideas are either basic or push the envelope a little but below are some ideas that would be a little to a lot harder to do or would push the envelope of the modular terrain world IMO

ADD-ON Modular trees from stumps for gaming in forests on the ground to trunks that go over the stumps to fully limbed and leafed trees. This one would be fantastic if DF could do it but it would not be easy to do modular trees.

ADD-ON Shear cliffs we now have a way to make a castle wall and stack it high and with the mountain pieces we can even make a mountain or put that castle on top of a rocky cliff. But what if you wanted a very high shear cliff, a system some thing like the castle wall system might work but this one would be even more hard.

So what ideas for a cavern/nature terrain KS do you have?
What would you make the base sets be?
What do you want to see as add-ons for a more wild terrain KS?
I thought I would add some links to threads that cover some of these topics -
These are links to specific posts, to see everything involved you may have to go back (or forward) through threads.

Cavern Set II - Ideas, but not really an additional set.
viewtopic.php?p=89683#p89683

Cavern Water Set II - Ideas shown as a set.
viewtopic.php?p=109605#p109605
viewtopic.php?p=90353#p90353

Waterfalls - Modular ideas.
viewtopic.php?p=63938#p63938
viewtopic.php?p=79009#p79009

Water Plants - Some decor ideas.
viewtopic.php?p=72325#p72325

Basalt Columns - Large thread for ideas.
viewtopic.php?p=78939#p78939
viewtopic.php?p=111619#p111619

Dungeon Advanced Builder Set - What I have done to form odd shaped rooms.
viewtopic.php?p=96693#p96693
viewtopic.php?p=68771#p68771
viewtopic.php?p=79142#p79142

If you find any other threads on these ideas, please post, I really only found these. Most of these are from me, but I totally love the waterfall ideas (not by me). I'll try to post my Tree ideas very soon, I just need to photo and sort into some coherent ideas.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

KS6 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

Post by kodiakbear » Thu May 25, 2017 4:02 am

In my tradition of way to soon discussions I present KS6 Forces of Nature.

Yes that's right we have not even started KS5s awesome return to the Dwarvenite dungeon and I am starting a discussion about a possible return to caverns and other natural terrain for KS6.

First off I have no idea what thoughts if any Stefan and crew have for KS6 but I do know that as soon as they are rested after KS5 they are going to have to start planning KS6 if they want to get the KS schedule back on schedule. But quite frankly a return to Dwarvenite caverns and other nature terrain makes since for KS6. So here we go.

Ideas for KS6 Forces of Nature

BASE SET would be cavern pieces made to work with KS2 caverns but able to be used all by their selves (new 2x2 tiles, 1x2 tiles to get use out of and back in to the 2x2 grid, 2x3 or larger tiles to give us some of the wall shapes that were not possible during the 2x2 KS2 format)

ADD-ON Basalt Columns. If you have not seen the fantastic basalt columns by William you need to look.

ADD-ON More mountain tiles and mountain tiles with waterfall tiles. Back in 2014 superjman came up with some great concepts for cavern waterfall tiles, while KS2 had elevations they were just not ready for waterfall tiles but now with the mountain tiles we are ready for waterfalls.

ADD-ON Water tiles be they more cavern water tiles or a whole new river, lake/moat tile system we need more water hazards.

So the above ideas are either basic or push the envelope a little but below are some ideas that would be a little to a lot harder to do or would push the envelope of the modular terrain world IMO

ADD-ON Modular trees from stumps for gaming in forests on the ground to trunks that go over the stumps to fully limbed and leafed trees. This one would be fantastic if DF could do it but it would not be easy to do modular trees.

ADD-ON Shear cliffs we now have a way to make a castle wall and stack it high and with the mountain pieces we can even make a mountain or put that castle on top of a rocky cliff. But what if you wanted a very high shear cliff, a system some thing like the castle wall system might work but this one would be even more hard.

So what ideas for a cavern/nature terrain KS do you have?

What would you make the base sets be?

What do you want to see as add-ons for a more wild terrain KS?