Is a extended open PM a good thing for DF?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Is a extended open PM a good thing for DF?

Post by dice4hire » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 am

To me, filling inthe gaps will seem to lead to a more chaotic offering.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 pm

I appreciate DF keeping the PM open longer for these last two KS campaigns, as they were long and complex, with MANY many options.

I do not think the DF customer base will be able to bear another huge scale KS campaign next year. I know I cannot. I had missed out on KS1, so I now have my Dungeon/Cavern/City/Castle core collection. Next year really,really needs to be smaller scale to "fill in gaps" and improve on quality of offerings in all the systems. With a smaller scope, I think the PM phase will be simpler and shorter as a result,.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:31 pm

I am not really a fan of the move from KS pledging to PM pledging to be honest. It seems like a ton of business is done PM which is not reflected in additional freebies for the backers. DF certainly does not give any extras for PM funds. While freebies are not everything, they are a big part of the KS process, and if funds are raised then freebies should be given. I suppose it could be argued that the PM is not KJS, but that goes back to my point of the strong shift towards PM fundraising some KSes are doing.

I know KSes are never going to stop people from adding via PM as it is a lot of money, and when the 10% or so KS takes out is left in (minus Credit Card charges) it is even more money. Perhaps for some projects it could even be make or break money.

I would prefer if DF keeps their PMs short, not extending it over months or nearly the year Reaper is keeping their latest PM open.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Is a extended open PM a good thing for DF?

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:43 pm

So while I hope future DF KSs start in early April or late March I am glad that this KS's PM was able to stay open till October 8th.

It allowed me personally to save money that life took away from my KS5 budget back in the spring.

So while your wallet may hate it how would you feel if DF was able to always keep the PM open till the second week of October for all future KS?

Do you think it was better for DF than just the normal Gencon timed pre-sale or worse?

I never took part in the pre-sale but I know some of you did.