KS7 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Re: KS7 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

Post by AstroCat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:48 pm

At some point I think an Egyptian style ancient temple yellow/orange hieroglyphic kinda set would be cool for all the desert environment adventures out there.

update: I just got my first resin RotA sets and it could work for this kind of thing, not exactly but close.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 pm

We got that Fogmonster Skull - huge thing - love it.

Got one of those boxes of skulls too, used some on our Orkanaut Deffship conversion, the rest will get used for mini bases.

You cannot have enough skulls.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:18 pm

RisingSeraph wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:20 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am
RisingSeraph wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 pm

"SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!" :mrgreen:
You just cannot have enough skulls!

Have you seen the financials for GW recently and they plaster their stuff in skulls, have you seen the Warscryer Citadel ?
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Wa ... tadel-2018

HELLO!

Skulls are IN baby yeah!
That's not mentioning the various excellent skull molds from Lady S.

Totally agree that DF should not go down the Skull road, as pointed out its already pretty well covered.
All for some Skull/necromancer bling, but stock building blocks should be skull and motif free.

Btw - we got a Warscryer Citadel as it will look fabulous in a CBS build :D
Haha, wow that's ridiculous, "Would you like some skull with your skulls?" But it will look great with CBS! I'm also always excited about what Lady S. does

I bought GWs' "Box-o-skulls" - it came with 340...more than I will EVER need. But according to Khorne and The Misfits you can never have enough Skulls...

Thinking about it, without going overboard it would be cool to have a Giants' Skull Cave / Dungeon Entrance made from Dwarvenite.
I'd be down for a skull cave entrance.

I managed to pick this sculpt up during the Fog Monster KS and it's a nice piece for that use, even if it doesn't integrate into the build in the way a DF sculpt would:

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am
RisingSeraph wrote:
William wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm
Please don't cover "everything" in skulls. BORING... ;)

Have you seen the financials for GW recently and they plaster their stuff in skulls, have you seen the Warscryer Citadel ?

HELLO!

Skulls are IN baby yeah!

Totally agree that DF should not go down the Skull road, as pointed out its already pretty well covered.
All for some Skull/necromancer bling, but stock building blocks should be skull and motif free.

Haha, wow that's ridiculous, "Would you like some skull with your skulls?" But it will look great with CBS! I'm also always excited about what Lady S. does

I bought GWs' "Box-o-skulls" - it came with 340...more than I will EVER need. But according to Khorne and The Misfits you can never have enough Skulls...

Thinking about it, without going overboard it would be cool to have a Giants' Skull Cave / Dungeon Entrance made from Dwarvenite.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 am

RisingSeraph wrote:
William wrote:

HELLO!

Skulls are IN baby yeah!

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Mushu_Green wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 am
What I would really like is some sculpts that will go closer to the first 2 kickstarter mind. easier to scult/mold so it is cheaper and can offer lots of coverage for a smaller price. We won't ever see teh same deals but new backer could acquire more things for the ~50$ entry price
I love this idea, but the team is very inclined to go big; they have big imaginations.

Honestly, I think a "grab bag" for a new buyer in the webstore could be a good idea in this same vein of thought. Have mixes of dungeons, caverns, cities, outdoors, and if it makes sense, castles. Have different starter packs at price points of $100, $250, $500, and $1,000 to get a bulk discount and get a taste of everything. Maybe only a couple small rooms of dungeons and caverns at $100, a few extra pieces and maybe a CBS house or two at $250, etc etc etc.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 pm

William wrote:

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:16 am

What I would really like is some sculpts that will go closer to the first 2 kickstarter mind. easier to scult/mold so it is cheaper and can offer lots of coverage for a smaller price. We won't ever see teh same deals but new backer could acquire more things for the ~50$ entry price

Illusionary Soldier
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Illusionary Soldier » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 pm

I am all for a little bit of wood walls and thatch roof, but what are people imagining for dirt roads/ paths? I think I would rather see this as a terrain tray than dirt road tiles. If we end up getting Forrest and grassy banks, those could look nice framing a dirty tray. You could vary the width of you road better that way so no need for both dirt “streets” and “alleys”. And depending on the banks, maybe there could be angles other than 90 degrees.

Personally, I’d like it if the tray had a wide straight dirt road in one side and a curve on the other and so could be easily used without bank pieces as well. Then you can scatter some trees or plop a wooden shack right down next to it. Maybe a bit of fence.

That could be encounter 1, or the basic pledge level. The adventure pack could include a seated mini or two, and maybe one of them transformed into a werebear or something. Gotta given them something to sit on too. A fallen log? Hay bale? Or maybe a piece of furniture for inside the shack. What is needed for furnishings?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:47 pm

I think a tour of Valoria is the way to go next time. A few additions to several City lines plus more outdoor would be great.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Questions?”