KS7 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Re: KS7 Forces of Nature way to soon discussion

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:31 pm

i don't know if the quality is good enough, i will scan it when i'm back home if necessary.

So, starting from the upper left,

LEDs : Lampost on branches
Corrupted translucent trees with paint for the effect
Druid circle for puzzle (like in diablo 2 with tristram) or even with inserts

Modular docks, in 1x4 and 2x4

Large platform in 6x6, 2x6 and 2x6 to make village or other contructions a bit higher than the water trays (i would prefer water tiles with murky resin.. but $$$) with log stilts

A CBS system for the buildings, wooden walls with thatch roof would be nice

Modular dead tree bridge, the robe bridge is a good exemple of how this would work, but the larger pieces could need a middle support like the bridge in KS5, maybe on a rock rising from the water?

Upper right :

Ladders from water to platforms, circular one to go to higher places. A large tree stump that could support a tree house would be really cool

And finally scatter terrain with water lily, mosspatches, trees, rocks, bank tiles and grassy tiles, combinations of them.

Clear plastic under patch of scatter pieces could be useful to make them stay together but appearing like rising from the water.

What do you think? should i send this to DF ? :)

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:52 am

Mushu_Green wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am
We think for swamp DF will go negative space and scatter terrain.
With added wooden CBS swamp huts and more rickety docks and everglade style trees and more boats :)

Yes exactly my thoughts. With dead tree bridge, docks, scaffolds and ladders for the village. Maybe an hydra/dragon lair, sunken ghost ship or even insect nests ?
I like the murky water
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am
With added wooden CBS swamp huts and more rickety docks and everglade style trees and more boats :)

Yes exactly my thoughts. With dead tree bridge, docks, scaffolds and ladders for the village. Maybe an hydra/dragon lair, sunken ghost ship or even insect nests ?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:23 am

I wanna see a lizardman standing in the water, leaning over a log, noodling a giant catfish, with a two tailed gator latched onto his tail. ;)

EDIT - The lizardman's tail, that is.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 am

Some inspiration for swamps :

Classic

Village

Anyone with ideas of cool encounters in swamps?

Maybe some trees made of clear dwavernite with LED, cover it with opaque paint with some unpainted places for nice glowing/corrupted effect

Mushu_Green
Orc
Orc

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 am

I don't really see something new that goes on par with what DF seems to be going for as their standards for their KS. I mean many tiles with lots of character, bling and wow factor.

For exemple : Hills would be awesome but for something good you would need a lot of coverage but those tiles would look... bland... and you would need even MORE of those tiles to be able to have a variety of possibility with different shapes of different hills.

Volcanos could be done, they are close to mountains but lava flows that cooled back into rocks has a different form than regular mountains, but then again mountain sets are more versatile.

Swamps would be a good idea, if they base their concept on dreadhollow with tiles with a lot of encumbrances, some a little and some not at all, lots of water and bank tiles and many kind of hazards. I'd be all over this to be honest.

Now... i'm going to draw some swamp tiles xD

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:24 am

I hope there will not be too many paint schemes for KS7. I want my terrain to be versatile. That is why I did not put any Underdoom or ice scheme into my KS6 pledge, but just added ice and Underdoom terrain trays to be used with standard paint, in order to create a icy or underdoomy atmosphere without extra tiles. I would wish the same for KS7:

- outdoor bank/shore tiles that can be used for rivers, ponds, swamps, frozen lakes, etc. -- with lots of new terrain trays
- hill tiles to be used seemlessly with mountain and forest
- green meadow tiles to be used as clearings in woods or as gardens in the citys, or just as -- well -- meadows.
- some 2x2 and 1x1 outdoor tiles to transition the 6x6/3x3 forest grid into 4x4 city grid or 8x8 mountain grid.
- wooden log cabins would also be quite versatile.
- rural road/ country road tiles that could lead through all wilderness terrain types.
- Elevation for roads, since those roads are not as flat as city streets. They should also lead through hills and mountains

- apart from that a few hedges and fences can never hurt

That could be a relatively affordable KS7 that would also be manageable storage-wise. If I get new tiles for every season or weather, I will run out of storage, soon

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:54 am

Nate did mention doing some different sets for the Castle restock.
Not sure what it means, but we'll see. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 am

I am also much more a fan of the tiles also. By the next KS DF will know how well the encounters sell retail. They had no idea for this KS.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria