KS7 The unexpected other environment

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS7 The unexpected other environment

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:06 am

Would be all-in on Starship interiors that can also double as nefarious mazes - we know they have some resin starship interiors.

Really want more Forest, bigger trees, tree houses, suspended walkways and CBS, to flesh it out with more shop fronts, some specific big buildings, Temples Churches etc. yards, stables.

Moving into wilderness farms, forts, stockades and ruins, all manor of ruins - though CBS Castles and now Dungeon ruins can be utilised.

But as for a little left field addition to a KS, as already mentioned something ancient, Mayan or Egyptian inspired. Lost temples that can be integrated into Forests or stand alone.

Or something even more outlandish flying towers, think bigger Drift Stones, ultimately Krynn flying citadels!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:20 pm

@IS - I'm not really interested in Sci-Fi or Steampunk, but I might be enticed by post-futuristic (e.g. Dying Earth) sci-fi. I could see going for an expansion to dungeons or caverns that has tiles to build the interior of a wrecked spacecraft that is embedded underground. The SGs could be cool sci-fi+fantasy mashups like out of control robots or cleaning machines, primitive people with ray-guns they found onboard, etc.

Even with that scenario, I likely wouldn't go in as heavy as for more traditional stuff, but could still see myself jumping in.

I'm neutral on planescape stuff until I see DF's take on that since I generally love their artistic vision and would go for specialized sets if they're somewhat generic (i.e. burrows) rather than hyper 5e/D&D focused.

Illusionary Soldier
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Illusionary Soldier » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Since this is all pie in the sky-

Someone on one of the livestreams asked: when are we traveling the planes? Of course a lot of the terrain could already work for some locations. Dreadhollow basically is Feywild. Underdoom sure seems to be on another plane. The resin has that hellscape looking environment.

So as a contrast to a “wilds” ks, let us have a side trek to. . . Mechanus, lawful realm of modrons, inevitables, and formians. In fact, a nice expansion to burrows would naturally lead there or fit in there since formians are giant ant creatures.

I know it’s probably not for everyone, but I wonder if DF could appeal to a larger audience by having an environment that could simultaneously work for fantasy (planes), steampunk, maybe sci-fi (starfinder needs some love)?

I personally could go for metal/mechanical walls and floors at least. Not sure how best to find a balance between steampunk (lots of gears and pipes) and futuristic (sleeker, glowing) but maybe inserts, leds, and magnetic accessories can transform one to the other? I would also want to be able to represent both newer clean environments/spaceships as well as rust buckets.

Okay hit me with the reactions, I’m ready, I can take it. (Closes eyes)

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 am

I still want docks and piers in a CBS expansion. I also would like lawn/garden/dirt yard tiles for CBS with some magnetic scatter bits for them.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:36 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:33 am
Non-city, non-castle buildings like huts with thatched roofs, monster encampments, and ancient dwarven ruins.

Or a City Builder mini-expansion.
I'm good with all of these and an elven encampment or outpost too.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:33 am

Non-city, non-castle buildings like huts with thatched roofs, monster encampments, and ancient dwarven ruins.

Or a City Builder mini-expansion.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:30 am

Just a few more a$$ to sewer connections for the poor-iddled cities... :lol: ;)

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 am

William wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:12 am
Garderobes
So are you asking for a castle to sewer transition piece? ;)

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:10 am
Hmm a good question. Not many left that I can really think of. Maybe do swamp? I think a swamp with lots of magnetic scatter to put on terrain trays would be right up Nate's alley.
Swamp could be the other but it has been seriously discussed as part of the main line of wilderness in the first topic.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:12 am

Dutyless, Metropolis Garderobes for the masses. jk
There are some cities that need a few more, right now. ;)