Which resin classic sets would you recommend and how many?

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Which resin classic sets would you recommend and how many?

Post by GardenDM » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:13 pm
Um...are these resin sets painted or unpainted?

I’m also wondering if one Catacombs set is enough. Since this is a “speak now or forever hold your peace” moment (pieces of dwarvenite that is).
I found two sets of C1 and one set of C2 to be a great amount for my needs (small-medium catacombs area). They're really fantastic sets and I highly recommend it for variety.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:15 pm

realarete wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:38 pm
Ive never had the interest in RotA sets or DoE, which has saved me some money and some searching ... however I LOVE the RESIN caverns - have 2 of basically all the cavern and cavern water sets. I feel that things so rare in the resin ( like the 4x4 pc) should not just be added to the store at a whim however.
I do love the resin caverns, catacombs, and medieval builders sets. I’ve been diverting a fair bit of my Caverns Deep funds to pick those up.

I doubt I’ll ever be able get a cavernous chasm or river set, however. Those things are selling for more than $600 a set!

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Um...are these resin sets painted or unpainted?

I’m also wondering if one Catacombs set is enough. Since this is a “speak now or forever hold your peace” moment (pieces of dwarvenite that is).

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:55 pm

I was in the shop this morning at what appears to be the correct time (based on post history of other people saying they bought) and while it let me add Woodlands to my shopping cart, it wouldn't let me check out (out of stock error). I repeated this multiple times and gave up.

Oh well, it would have made a nice addition to DH forest coming next year. Maybe there will be another Woodlands restock...or even better, pre-order(!!!!).

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Rats (er...Ratmen). I would have liked to have grabbed a Woodlands Set.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm
Harneloot wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm
They are great, and were a bonus item for pre-ordering 3 sets of MBS2 set back in the day. Those ALSO were not o the restock list! :evil:
I wish I would’ve had more money and more storage space - especially more storage space - back in the heyday of resin. So many nice things- now so very expensive and hard to obtain.
Ive never had the interest in RotA sets or DoE, which has saved me some money and some searching ... however I LOVE the RESIN caverns - have 2 of basically all the cavern and cavern water sets. I feel that things so rare in the resin ( like the 4x4 pc) should not just be added to the store at a whim however.

John D
Goblin
Goblin

Post by John D » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Got a Catacombs 1 set, fingers crossed for a chance at Cat 2 (but it looks like I'm not the only one).
I love the Woodland Set, but had to pass on a second set because I ...oh right, ran out of $$ :(

...marathon, not a sprint....marathon, not a sprint....

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm
They are great, and were a bonus item for pre-ordering 3 sets of MBS2 set back in the day. Those ALSO were not o the restock list! :evil:
I wish I would’ve had more money and more storage space - especially more storage space - back in the heyday of resin. So many nice things- now so very expensive and hard to obtain.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Yes strange that the intersection showed up, and listed as DoE .... and the shutters .... :?:

Too bad the monster nest didn't show up ... or will it? :shock:

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:25 pm
Those (now sold out, and apparently never to be restocked again) shutters look great! I had never seen them before, and did not even know they existed.

Ah well, to eBay I go. Again.