Which resin classic sets would you recommend and how many?

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Re: Which resin classic sets would you recommend and how many?

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Yeah I'll go ahead get one more set 1 so it'll be 2 set 1, 1 set 2, plus that funky 4 way intersection piece I got, that should do it. :)

Yeah I am curious too about best storage practices? Can these be stacked on top of each other?

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:51 pm

I’m new to resin. Any tips on how best to take care of them to prevent damage, fading, ...gross gamer fingerprints, etc.?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 pm

AstroCat wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 pm
Realm of the Ancients: I got 1 of each set, am I gonna bum not having 2 of set 1?
You may not bum... but it really balances well with a two to one ratio.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:56 pm

AstroCat wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 pm
Realm of the Ancients: I got 1 of each set, am I gonna bum not having 2 of set 1?
Yes.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 pm

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm really digging the flavor and variety to the rooms the resin can bring. It is not meant to be the main build, but for special encounters and rooms to break things up over time.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 am

I will not be buying any of the resin as it is not going to work for me. I do not need another rabbit hole.

I'm glad that the resin people are going to get more stuff though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 am

The RotA sets are very tempting, but of limited actual playing use, especially now with our DoD sets.
Got to draw the line somewhere, and storage is a constant issue.

Prefer to use those funds for CD.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 pm

I have been collecting since KS3 - City Builder. Before pledging that first time I ordered a resin set (Catacombs 1) from the store and a dwarvenite set (unpainted cavern with kickstarter stretch goals) from eBay to see what they were like. Needless to say, I was hooked.

All the resin sets are amazing! The look and feel are exceptional. I especially love the specialty sets (RotA, Catacombs, DoE, Cavernous Water). Not sure which is my favorite for playing! I will say the water sets took my breath away with their raw beauty.

Realm of the Ancients:
Prior to today I had two of set 1 and two of set 2, I ordered all but one of those from the store before they sold out two or three years ago. I sometimes find myself wishing I had a third set 1, which I ordered today!

Catacombs:
Currently I have two of set 1 and and one of set 2 and one each of the accessory add-ons (two of the lighted 6" walls). I have been leaning toward another set 1, but have not pulled the trigger yet... that is one they restock much more often than the others. It isn't limited edition. Set 2 has so many pieces that seem special to me and I only want one in a set up... but the add-on sets, especially the floors, corners and walls, are *very* useful!

Woodlands:
Just missed it. Limited edition 1000 sets. :( I have an accessory set I bought last year. :)

Den of Evil:
Also limited edition, 1500 sets each. I have several sets and accessories (Room and Passage, Couple of Rooms, Wicked Additions x2, Expansion)... have not played with them enough to know if I need/want any more of them. I fell into an awesome deal on a bunch of sets from someone selling their collection locally. They blend well with sci-fi and make a nice change up of scenery in a dungeon!

Sci-Fi:
Bought several starter sets and a couple of passage sets from the store two years ago and a couple of Alpha sets on eBay. These are really pretty cool. Wish the Beta and Gamma sets were still available... or maybe some new sets. Really wish I had more opportunity to use them.

Great stuff!!!

Storage space is my limiting factor now... After DoD I have no space left and a fairly large Caverns Deep pledge in the works... will have to downsize <sigh>... looking at the old resin bow-tie dungeon and cavern sets... I may be posting a for sale thread soon!

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm

My buddy ended up getting a Catacomb 1 so we now will have:

Realm of the Ancients 4" Intersection With 4 Inserts
2 x Realm of the Ancients I Set
Realm of the Ancients 2 Set
Den of Evil - Wicked Additions Set
2 x Catacombs I Set
2 x Woodland Set

I will keep a sharp eye for a Catacombs 2 Set when it comes online and Den of Evil - Room and/or passages Sets if they ever comes around.
Last edited by AstroCat on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Questions?”