City Builder Starter Sets

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

City Builder Starter Sets

Post by kitenerd » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 am

Does everyone know about these?

I just happened across them while searching for something else. I am not one to accuse DF of being inexpensive, but i am very impressed with what they put together in these packs at a really accessible starting price. The right blend of bread&butter with a few fun bits added in. Including offset walls (which we had to buy in a separate pack during KS) is a great boon to new buyers. Keeping roofs out keeps cost low and lets those who want add them in.

Anyway just a nod to DF for a nice addition to the offerings. Hopefully they can feature them in a BoM leading up tho the next KS to build a little hype. If they restock ruins, Nate could have a lot of fun with an explore the wreckage build ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: City Builder Starter Sets

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Those are clearly new to the shop and for folks looking to get some building parts without an entire hamlet or waiting for 4 packs of roofs to show up, those look like some good options.

The demo build does not even use all the walls in the pack (only 9 of the 12) so you could build three (sans roof) 4x4 small structures if you wanted (although you only have two walls with doors).

The Hamlet pack looks to be the same, but the two nice little builds gives some idea of what you can do with what you get far better than the older graphics. Another good move.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 am

The Stone starter (sans roof) would be a good addition to any castle, bang on some crenellations and instant Tower/Keep :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Yacker
Orc
Orc

Post by Yacker » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:55 pm

I picked up the stone starter last week (they have been on the shop for a bit but they just updated the images to show a setup).

I already had a few Tudor cottages so this stone starter and a stone roof pack got this done.
Its a great set if you take the roof pack with it you end up with a cottage and two story house.

My City collection of buildings is just starting to go with my streets and sewers.
The drunkin DM and yack666 on Twitch

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”