List of Kickstarter Comments and DF "In Jokes"

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: List of Kickstarter Comments and DF "In Jokes"

Post by William » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:55 am

:? :shock: :o Don't say that RB. :twisted:
I want my w.t.'s someday. :( :cry: :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 am

WoW!

isn't this a hive of useless information
Love it! some would say our speciality :)

Danther was an amalgam of a few Dans and 900lb Panther who got into a fierce argument late one US night when 900lb was drinking quite heavily apparantly ;)

Some of these we dont know about - the bacon and Spatula - but in previous Kickstarters it was real hard to catch up on all the comments and if its pre CBS (KS3) it doesn't really matter :lol:

At some point we got appointed by Knightess as a chief Privy officer along with Forar (we think) after we joined in on the Gaderobe crusade.

Two things that could be added but we would be very happy to never see the topics again:

Scalegate and Water Tiles ;)
kitenerd wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 pm
I have not seen him on at all this time around.
after i posted that i scrolled back 600 comment on KS 6 until i found his name and replied to one of his posts to see if i could coax him out of hiding

hope he is OK...

perhaps an email change and he is unaware of the mini KS???

damn, now i am hungry...
We did the same, thinking we could IM him via his profile - but you no longer get access to those on KS.

Didn't think to reply to one of his posts to invoke an email notification - smart work k-nerd hope you get a reply and he is all good.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:44 am

On the origin of "bacon tiara"

Bear with me as this was a evolution of an idea in the spirit of improv comedy. It all began in 2013 with KS1...

It started innocently enough with a typo by John Weaver. We can thank Kickstarter for a lack of an "edit comment" feature and auto-correct for not fixing the typo or else we would never have achieved bacon tiara in our lexicon.
Tiers.png
Tiers.png (50.57 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Next up some wiseguy, oh wait, that's me :lol: , intentionally misreads tiera as tiara and questions whether this is a new stretch goal. We had such simple SG desires back then. We're spoiled for choice now!!!
Tiara SG.png
Tiara SG.png (41.34 KiB) Viewed 589 times
David Tavener made the unprecedented mental leap, asking if the tiara could be made of honey-baked ham. Why David, why? If you're not here on the forums, we may never know what was behind this stroke of genius.
ham tiara.png
ham tiara.png (21.64 KiB) Viewed 591 times
A bit of a diversion from Brandon Masters, but it turned out to be a key stepping stone. Brandon was talking about backing for 47 sets (did he?!) and wondered if that would include a ham in each set...
just ham.png
just ham.png (19.8 KiB) Viewed 591 times
And Patrick Rollins steps in with the home run, transforming it from a tiara made of ham to a tiara made of bacon (along with a disturbing URL).
first bacon tiara.png
first bacon tiara.png (34.67 KiB) Viewed 591 times
To top it off, Brandon steps back in with the first known use of "bacon tiara" as a word combination!
bacon-tiara together.png
bacon-tiara together.png (17.89 KiB) Viewed 591 times
From there, numerous jokers took it and ran. Chants of bacon tiara would run through the streets of Valoria for years to come.

And that my friends is the true story of the bacon tiara.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm
ForestZ wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:21 pm
I think the Danther came to be when talking about the Cages in Dungeon of Doom. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), Dan was in love with those cages, and when it was announced there was going to be a backer voted monster included, the Danther was born, because we all agreed Dan should be immortalized. That's my foggy recollection of that one anyways.
As i recall there were several Dans (like 4 or 5) and a 600 lb Panther.... or was 900 lb? And they got into it late one night (heated angry argument)... (not all the Dans only one or maybe two)... then later they (Dwarven Forge) was taking suggestions for a vote on a prison occupant... i don't remember details but somehow a "Danther" was suggested and became a finalist but lost in the final vote. But my memory is certainly not what it used to be... so... anyone else want to add?
Ah, yeah, I thought the X00lb Panther was part of that story somehow too. (In my mind I kept thinking a user named "Dan the 900lb Panther" but I knew that wasn't right).

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm

ForestZ wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:21 pm
I think the Danther came to be when talking about the Cages in Dungeon of Doom. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), Dan was in love with those cages, and when it was announced there was going to be a backer voted monster included, the Danther was born, because we all agreed Dan should be immortalized. That's my foggy recollection of that one anyways.
As i recall there were several Dans (like 4 or 5) and a 600 lb Panther.... or was 900 lb? And they got into it late one night (heated angry argument)... (not all the Dans only one or maybe two)... then later they (Dwarven Forge) was taking suggestions for a vote on a prison occupant... i don't remember details but somehow a "Danther" was suggested and became a finalist but lost in the final vote. But my memory is certainly not what it used to be... so... anyone else want to add?

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:21 pm

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 am

I just did some digging and have a thorough history on bacon tiara. I'll make a full post later.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:11 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 pm
after i posted that i scrolled back 600 comment on KS 6 until i found his name and replied to one of his posts to see if i could coax him out of hiding

hope he is OK...

perhaps an email change and he is unaware of the mini KS???

damn, now i am hungry...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:37 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:19 pm

lets not forget the croissants...

where are they this go round?
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”