Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Re: Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Post by GrumpyOne » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:15 pm

biowizard wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 am
Hi everyone,

As every other kickstarter, I am organizing a consolidated single KS5 order for the Montreal/Quebec/Canada area. As usual, I will get our goodies shipped to an american friend to save on shipping fees and I will go grab the product next year when they are ready. Also, group ordering sometimes gets us better deals/access to better more expensive sets and sometimes also the sharing of single big add-ons between multiple customers. I believe I have an outstanding reputation on this forum and the 4 guys which year after year entrust their money with me can attest to my honesty.
Not sure where you're located or where your pick up point is but I'm in New Hampshire just about 200-miles from Montreal. Would be willing to work with people as well.
"Initial success or total failure"

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 am

Hi everyone,

As every other kickstarter, I am organizing a consolidated single KS5 order for the Montreal/Quebec/Canada area. As usual, I will get our goodies shipped to an american friend to save on shipping fees and I will go grab the product next year when they are ready. Also, group ordering sometimes gets us better deals/access to better more expensive sets and sometimes also the sharing of single big add-ons between multiple customers. I believe I have an outstanding reputation on this forum and the 4 guys which year after year entrust their money with me can attest to my honesty.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Gryphon wrote:This would save me a trip but can I ask how you get them across with no HST? How much you think for an empire set shipped to Hamilton roughly?
Hi Gryphon,

I unfortunately won't reship within Canada. May I suggest you contact jchunick who is a fellow Ontarian? Also, you could try to recruit other Canadians living in your area as I originally did for my merry band of 4 in the Montreal area by posting your request on the forum. Crossing the US border and staying there for more than 48 hours allows you to bring back to Canada 800$ worth of purchases tax free per person. As I have friends in the US, I'm just matching my visit with the collection of goodies. I provide my friend's address as the local US shipping address to avoid shipping fees. Alternatively, there are many drop points along the whole Canada-US border (including Buffalo) where you can have you DF stuff be delivered for you to go pick up by car. Good Luck!

Gryphon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Gryphon » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:35 pm

This would save me a trip but can I ask how you get them across with no HST? How much you think for an empire set shipped to Hamilton roughly?

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi,

This is to say that I will once again organize a large Canadian KS3 order for the Montreal area. It will be tax-free, without shipping fees and at the cheaper price per building tier of the Empire pledge level. We're already a group of 4 people but there's room for more! Get in touch with me!

Cheers,
Bio

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re:Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Post by biowizard » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Your reference Sakabra seems much more accurate and reliable than what I remembered. Thanks!

For now, we\'re a group of 5 people going in for 15 Sets. Just contact me if you wanna join.

Sakabra
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Sakabra » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

I\'m doing the same for a group of friends here in KW, having it shipped to family in Michigan and getting family here (who travels there for work frequently) to pick them up.

FYI: The official limits are $0 for under 24hrs, $200 for 24-47.99 hrs, and $800 for 48hrs or more, per person.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyag ... t-eng.html

Archon Shiva

Post by Archon Shiva » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:19 pm

I\'m in - what I\'ll save on shipping means two painted water sets!

Thank you so much for doing this, biowizard!

Note that with the price of shipping, even someone as far as eastern Ontario can probably make this worth it if driving down to spend a day in Montreal sounds like fun. We have Le Valet d\'Coeur, after all.

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Montreal area Free shipping, no tax KS to Canada

Post by biowizard » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi fellow Montreal-area Canadians,

I\'ve been a long-time DF forum member and made more than fifty transactions here over the years including selling custom gelatinous cubes (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8308). More recently, I\'m selling cut and polished acrylic rods to be used as Flight Stands (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4477&p=77983&hilit ... and#p77983) for miniatures to represent levitation or flight (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3604&p=77711&hilit=flight#p77711).

I am presently buying 10 painted Cavern kickstarter sets which I\'ll ask to be delivered to a friend of mine in the US from back in the days where I lived in Boston. This way, shipping will be free for me even if I live in Montreal and there won\'t be any import tax. This is absolutely legal given the 400$ per person per day spent in the US tax-free limit that was changed by the conservatives. If you would want to combine your order with mine, just email me (address found in the flight stand thread) and we can probably arrange something including me picking up your Sets for you in the US and you paying only 87.50$ US per Set (stretch goals included), even if you buy only 1 Set.

Cheers,
Bio
Last edited by biowizard on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.