How do we make KS 3 even BETTER?

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Himajin
Orc
Orc

Re:How do we make KS 3 even BETTER?

Post by Himajin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm

teazia wrote:

Hey int backers, guess what- the shipping situation is never going to get better. It is on you to improve your own situation. There are tons of USA companies that would be well pleased to take your goods and put them on a container via sea freight. If you are in TW I can recommend one. 50 lbs delivered to your door real cheap!

Do your homework, make your own life better and quit your bellyaching. After years of KS the broken record is getting worn.

This \"bellyaching\" as you put it is just one of their customers stating an opinion. I shouldn\'t have to go through some dodgy third-party reshipper, and I don\'t see how charging actual shipping & handling costs could be that much extra work for DF. If they care about making their product more accessible to people all over the world, that\'s a step I\'d like to see them take.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Add-on pictures could have all pieces to scale.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

granpappy77
Orc
Orc

Post by granpappy77 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 pm

I think a minimum buy-in for those who just want add-on packs is a pretty good idea. Maybe not as little as $1, but I think you would get more backers overall and therefore net even more money.

Not that I can imagine who *wouldn\'t* want these sets, but hey- different strokes for different folks.

TK 266
Orc
Orc

Post by TK 266 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

this was link was posted in the Caverns KS comment section. I think is does a good job discussing the issue and pitfalls of international shipping.

http://www.deadlyfredly.com/2013/10/bre ... -shipping/

the realities of shipping are always going to cause consternation among those not in the county of origin.
Order 66? Isn't that the Kung Pao Chicken?

johnny9k
Goblin
Goblin

Post by johnny9k » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59 pm

I have to disagree on the international shipping. I have seen other Kickstarters find ways to ship overseas cheaper. The #1 way seems to be to not ship international from the US.

I\'ll try to remember which KS did this and I\'ll pass it along. I have no idea what it costs DF and if it is feasible, but it is worth looking into.

Alisara
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alisara » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:44 am

@Kitenerd - I agree with almost everything except the exclusives molds. We try to be as inclusive as possible with our hobby, why make something exclusive in the kickstarter.

Having a ton of different sculpts is just awesome. Yes, that alongside the higher amount of detail was the cause of the price increase over KS1 and I don\'t think we can deny that caused a dip in the number of backers. Those of us who did back this project thought it was still worth it. We need to make the 3rd KS worth it as well either in amazing sculpts (KS2) or more useable tiles (KS1). While still successful in terms of funding, having far fewer backers was a bit of a let down. While it wasn\'t as good at \"bringing affordable 3D terrain to the masses\" as KS1 was, it sure was fun watching the love being spread to Jeff and Stefan through our enormous pledges.

teazia
Goblin
Goblin

Post by teazia » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:54 am

Hey int backers, guess what- the shipping situation is never going to get better. It is on you to improve your own situation. There are tons of USA companies that would be well pleased to take your goods and put them on a container via sea freight. If you are in TW I can recommend one. 50 lbs delivered to your door real cheap!

Do your homework, make your own life better and quit your bellyaching. After years of KS the broken record is getting worn.

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:10 am

I won\'t ask for cheaper shipping necessarily, but I would prefer it if shipping could be calculated on a case-by-case basis, either in the pledge calculator like in the Bones II kickstarter, or after the campaign once the actual costs are known.

My shipping will come to over $700 this time around, yet I\'m fairly certain the actual cost won\'t be that high. For large volume backers, a change to paying actual shipping costs next time would be very welcome. Even if the cost isn\'t that much different, there wouldn\'t be the nagging feeling that you\'re getting a bad deal that I have to admit I have now.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:03 am

Hi,

If you want more backers from outside US then you should do something about Shipping costs. The shipping and VAT would have raised the price by 70% which makes the stuff not affordable anymore so I did not order anything. Wouldn\'t it be possible for the next Kickstarter project that you send the tiles by Dwarven forge Europe for all the old continent backers ? Maybe the shipping from England to Europe countries is less expensive ? In that case you could perhaps even offer free shipping for england...

Have a good week-end !

Undel
Orc
Orc

Post by Undel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:59 am

We\'re a bunch of DF addicts. The second kickstarter ended this week, we haven\'t seen the final addon pack, we havn\'t confirmed our orders with the pledge manager, and it\'ll be a while before we have KS2 in-hand.

\"What\'s next!?\"

The enthusiasm is actually kinda great! :)

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”