KS2 2.1M Survey

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
TK 266
Orc
Orc

Re:KS2 2.1M Survey

Post by TK 266 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:22 am

From the KS comments yesterday:

Stefan Pokorny about 15 hours ago

hello Gamers! Sorry If I have not been present the last handful of days....I am now Digesting all the survey results for the Wicked Additions caverns pack...1200 or so suggestions.....more info in a day or two....I think there can only be 6 or so new molds in this pack, maybe some can be combined, we shall study....this Kickstarter is much much more complex than the first one...we must be careful....thanks again everyone, more activity on the DF Forums if you want to discuss things...although I am having trouble keeping up with all the topics....my main concentration now is on sculpting...

Order 66? Isn't that the Kung Pao Chicken?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:52 pm

if a 4x4 floor tile is possible, why couldn\'t Stefan sculpt a 2x4 waterfall piece to match the width of the existing water tiles that would also cover an opening (if elevations were stacked \"off the grid\" which would create some stair stepping but that is not undesirable.

This is a simpler solution than the other being bandied about. Both are cool. The other offers more options and has the potential to be more \"beautiful\" but this gets the job done very simply and cost effectively.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Duncan_and_Dragons
Orc
Orc

Post by Duncan_and_Dragons » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:16 pm

All these ideas are great. I really like the waterfall stuff since it can be used as outdoor terrain also.

I am going to suggest some cavern tiles with \"building components.\" Stuff that Drow or Dwarves might do to improve the living style. Just a wall with window or a wall with door. Maybe one side would be the dungeon style so it could also be used as a transition tile.

I am also going to suggest a tile with a Slating floor. Maybe a ramp or tunnel going down.

Now it is time to find that link. I hope it is not close yet.

DonTheDime
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DonTheDime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Let me provide some simple layouts to illustrate what I was talking about in my Idea #1.

Idea #1: Water/Lava \'waterfall\' piece; free-standing ‘wall’ of water/lava flowing down, 1 tile wide, deep enough at base to sit on a Lava/Water straight tile and cover the shore section, but stackable for multiple elevations; perhaps an additional chasm sized equivalent (floor/chasm piece height) that could either sit on the same level as chasm pieces (and represent the water/lava flowing into the chasm) or able to stack on top of the ‘waterfall wall’.

A simple one piece waterfall wall to connect water tiles on an elevation above to the one below (one elevation pedestal or wall height difference):

Use open water tiles and a second waterfall wall to widen the waterfall:

A simple waterfall chasm piece:

Again, used with open water tiles and a second waterfall chasm piece:

Back the waterfall wall, adding an additional height to the waterfall by stacking them, first one wall wide:

And two walls wide:

And a couple examples of using the waterfall walls and waterfall chasm pieces together, with a \'cave\' behind the waterfall:

And one more layout example:
Attachments
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Further_Options_1.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Further_Options_1.jpg (72.79 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall___No_Open_Tiles___Chasm_Piece_Alt.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall___No_Open_Tiles___Chasm_Piece_Alt.jpg (75.26 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall___No_Open_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall___No_Open_Tiles.jpg (73.69 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Cave_Behind_Waterfall_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (91.87 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___2_Elevation_Height_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___2_Elevation_Height_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (69.13 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___2_Elevation_Height___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___2_Elevation_Height___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Chasm_Edge_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Chasm_Edge_w__Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (48.33 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Chasm_Edge___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___Chasm_Edge___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (41.58 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___1_Elev_height_w__Open_Water_Tilles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___1_Elev_height_w__Open_Water_Tilles.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___1_Elev_height___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg
Waterfall_Design_Option_2___1_Elev_height___No_Open_Water_Tiles.jpg (42.08 KiB) Viewed 5028 times

rshelley
Kobold
Kobold

Post by rshelley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 am

Here\'s what i put. It\'s a lot of what others suggested. I figured i\'d add my favorites on top of the pile.

If I could only have one, I\'d choose this one:

1. Lair floor tile – a 4x4 floor tile, but covered in bones and bloody pulp left over from some creature’s meal of adventurers.

My top five include these:
2. Monster/Spider/Dragon eggs
3. Wall with a smaller hole for monsters to come out of, but PCs can\'t go through it
4. Sacrificial Altar
5. Free Standing Rubble

These are other pieces I would like in a Wicked Additions type Add On:

• Cave In piece
• Gem / Ore Wall Piece
• Crystal Wall Piece
• Free Standing Crystal formations
• Collapsed Wall - Wall tile with a portion of the wall that has fallen away or broken.
• Floor pool – a self-contained 2x2 floor piece with a natural pool.
• Mine wall – a wall piece with a splash of gold and wood beam supports
• Dungeon Tiles to Cavern Tiles Transition Piece
• Cavern Secret Door
• Root Wall - a wall piece with roots weaving in and out of it.

Other Add On Packs I would love (probably not part of this add on pack)

• Campsite Floor Tile - a 4x4 floor tile, with a campfire pit, bedding, straw, pickaxe. This could easily be an add-on pack of pieces instead of a fixed tile.
• Free Standing Straw Beds - These could be in the Campsite pack mentioned above
• Outdoor Cavern Entrance - This would probably be a separate piece, not part of this pack.
• Waterfall pieces - This would probably be a different add on pack

dandare
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dandare » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 pm

So many excellent ideas already.

Here is what I posted:
A Secret Cavern Door.
A Small Hole in the wall \'Cave Rat\' burrow piece.
A Big Steel Door in a Wall piece.
A Dedicated \'Narrow corridor T Junction piece\'.
A Dedicate \'4 corner posts\' \'Narrow corridor Cross Junction piece\' (I hate to see any cracks and gaps!).
A Floor piece with a rough downwards staircase.
A Floor piece with a Trap Door.
A \'fallen boulder\' that neatly blocks a Narrow corridor.
A free standing Stalagmite and Stalactite joined into a single \'column\' piece. Useful for open spaces and those that like to \'stack\'.
A Floor piece that has a nice crack / hole in it.
A small pool Floor piece. With Water.
A Wall piece with somebody / beast / skeleton mostly consumed by calcified drips underneath and just enough to make out the victim underneath.
A Cavern wall piece with one / two great iron rings fixed to the walls. Brilliant if \'loose\' and then we can tie/chain up giant beasts that are kept in caves as guardians.

I somehow forgot to enter a transition piece and am so glad several others already have :D

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Dungeon to Cavern transition

Taller walls

Cavern debris

galladril
Orc
Orc

Post by galladril » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Seems like a transition piece was asked for by many. )

/me twiddles his fingers together like Mr. Burns:

\"Exxxxceeellent.....\"

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 am

The two I am looking forward the most would be a transition piece and his special memorial piece. Of course knowing what he has done in the past I am sure I will like anything he includes.

DonTheDime
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DonTheDime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:23 am

Here were the ideas I sent in the survey:

Idea #1: Water/Lava \'waterfall\' piece; free-standing ‘wall’ of water/lava flowing down, 1 tile wide, deep enough at base to sit on a Lava/Water straight tile and cover the shore section, but stackable for multiple elevations; perhaps an additional chasm sized equivalent (floor/chasm piece height) that could either sit on the same level as chasm pieces (and represent the water/lava flowing into the chasm) or able to stack on top of the ‘waterfall wall’.

Idea #2: Cavern wall tile with a natural opening (crack or crevice) that could double as passage or provide line of sight from one cavern to another, or from a cavern to dungeon. Envisioning similar template to Wall B, which has an \'opening\' above the pools and between the side walls, where the opening above narrows down to almost nothing at the level of the floor, in a near V-shape. The floor of this tile could either be clear or could include some \'rubble\' that could have been made from the opening.

Idea #3: An alternate to Idea #2 above, where instead of the tile following Wall B as a template (straight wall), it follows Wall C as a template instead, with the inward curve of the wall towards the center of the tile. Whereas Wall C has a solid wall at the center of the tile, this version would have the opening crack/crevice in that same location (center of the tile), and the side walls of the crack would follow the same layout as Wall C. Like Idea #2, the floor of the tile could either be clear or have \'rubble\'.

Attachments
Idea3.PNG
Idea3.PNG (398.71 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Idea1_alt.PNG
Idea1_alt.PNG (169.91 KiB) Viewed 5028 times
Idea1.PNG
Idea1.PNG (308.06 KiB) Viewed 5028 times

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”