KS2 2.1M Survey

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Re:KS2 2.1M Survey

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm

@JChunick I just watched some show about a huge crystal cavern. I plan on making some small clusters and some HUGE 3 story jutting crystals so I can recreate that cavern

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

asalotti wrote:

I asked for the dungeon to cavern secret door, a 4x4 pool of sorrows cavern style, a 2x2 pool tile, wall or floor pieces with fossils in them and small clumps of crystals.

I would have voted for clear dwarvenite crystals (there was a discussion on here somewhere about being able to do clear PVC), but I have two whole bags of various sized quartz crystals I bought off ebay - for \"healing\", ya know! :-) - that are intended for building crystal formations for the caverns... but for those not creating their own, it would be a great feature.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

BlueOpal
Kobold
Kobold

Post by BlueOpal » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:18 pm

@PewterTankard - I was saying something similar to JoshC where putting together two broken walls and putting a water fall effect over it would make a secret waterfall entrance.

PewterTankard
Kobold
Kobold

Post by PewterTankard » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Maybe the secret door could be the waterfall piece? I guess that\'s a bit obvious though...

asalotti
Kobold
Kobold

Post by asalotti » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:08 pm

I asked for the dungeon to cavern secret door, a 4x4 pool of sorrows cavern style, a 2x2 pool tile, wall or floor pieces with fossils in them and small clumps of crystals.

BlueOpal
Kobold
Kobold

Post by BlueOpal » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:02 pm

I voted for these:

Pressure Plate/Cut Out - a floor tile that had a cutout that can be used for a trapdoor or pressure plate or even removed entirely for a collapsed floor area.

Rubble - Wall tile with rubble on the ground.

Collapsed wall - Wall tile with a portion of the wall that has fallen away or broken.

I wasn\'t really interested in the waterfall like others have been. But I suppose a half size wall that looks like the posted link would be nice or something along these lines Waterfall Pools would be good too.

Also saw people posting about the small wall entrance for things like kobols or what have you after I had already voted. Those would be cool.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower wrote:

I asked for a waterfall but not one like just a sheet of water but a tiered one like this that could be used as sort of an elevation piece as well or transition to another level http://cutcaster.com/photo/100174428-Tiered-waterfall/

PewterTankard wrote:

Waterfall: Seemed to be a popular choice in the KS comments and would make doing multi-floor rivers possible. I\'m not sure how it would look if it were literally just a pillar of water, so it could possibly be more of a watery \"stairs\" sort of thing like this: free-photos.co/albums/animals/a-nice-small-waterfall.jpg Seems to make sense considering the elevation pack.

These ideas for a waterfall I could get behind. If it\'s falling from any distance I couldn\'t see it working, but this is pretty sweet. I\'ve been busy with the kids and working on finishing my magnetic wall mod so I haven\'t filled out the survey yet... but I like a lot of the ideas here so I may just pick and choose some here. Thanks, guys.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Glad the link helped!

I\'m hoping for a secret door of some kind, and a dungeon / cavern transition corridor.

I\'d also love to see some weirder wall / floor variations, e.g. with fossils or grottos, or a mine face.

I feel like the waterfall would probably best be done with clear / blue tinted resin rather than Dwarvenite, but I guess time will tell...

PewterTankard
Kobold
Kobold

Post by PewterTankard » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:47 pm

@Crimson Ah, I hadn\'t seen your link. Great minds think alike, eh?

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks for the link, GriffinTamer.

I voted for the lizardman face entrance, and a cavern column with a stone face.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”