The Water Cavern Pack - So Close to being great!

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:The Water Cavern Pack - So Close to being great!

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:31 am

geekjeff wrote:

We know that up to 3 standard pieces can fit on a single mold.

Have Stefan or Jeff officially said that? I know I have read it on the forum several times but I never saw it come from them.

Himajin
Orc
Orc

Post by Himajin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:25 pm

I would love an open water tile pack if they can swing it in the future, and larger tiles would be welcome, but only if there were also an option for more 2x2 open water tiles.
I\'m getting my water cavern packs unpainted, and will probably come up with a workaround for open water at least at first, but I\'d much rather have them all in dwarvenite even if it is just basically a flat tile.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Stefan wrote:

...sometimes we can add more than 1 piece into a mold so it\'s not quite THAT expensive, but is still VERY expensive up front....and would only work for designs that require like 100,000-200,000+ of the SAME piece...

I found this quote here.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Crimson_King_of_the_Tower
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Crimson_King_of_the_Tower » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Since I plan on pouring envirotex onto my tiles once they get here I am just going to make my own open water tiles so I\'m not too worried about it. I\'ll just make a square of the same size out of clay then pour to match the height of all the other and there ya go!

tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Post by tattooedtoad » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:36 pm

I\'ve seen a vortex piece that would be cool as well

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:40 pm

We\'ll get to see how well the 4x4 floor tiles work with this run. If they go as expected I figure it is only a matter of time until we see that footprint in water and dungeon tiles. There is likely enough demand for floor packs to make that viable.

I do like the idea of a water wicked additions pack. A vortex, maybe some pieces for a rapids run (either as tiles or pieces that sit on the tiles), maybe a dock and a row boat, perhaps a geyser? What would all of you like to see in a wicked additions for water?

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Open water tiles seem to be SO easy to make I felt a little sheepish to offer them....you will only need them to make a REALLY huge empty lake...personally, If i have a huge underground lake...I usually can\'t help but include an island in the middle...with a tower....or a hut, or a rocky outcrop of stalagmites hiding something mysterious....

Anyway, yes, I am sure someone will fill the need and make some custom larger open water tiles...or even islands....

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I hope we do see more water tiles in the future, but this is exactly why I like the negative space approach -- wide expanses of anything require a ridiculous number of tiles.

In addition to more water tiles, I hope that we will also see shoreline pieces of smooth stone, or even a narrow sandy beach. The unpainted version could be painted to look like ash in a volcanic environment, or like rust for the edge of an acid lake, or white at the rim of an ice field.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

tattooedtoad
Orc
Orc

Post by tattooedtoad » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:31 pm

I\'ve got two diferent krackens coming so I kinda have a need for a larger amount of water tiles to make the situation feasable

davinh
Goblin
Goblin

Post by davinh » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Stefan,
Please don\'t feel sheepish! I\'ll be THRILLED to send you money for an open water pack. Whatever custom options won\'t be made of Dwarvenite, and won\'t be exactly the same paint. I\'m getting 4 water caverns (most likely, the anguished decisions are ongoing), and I\'ll be happy and grateful for the chance to have perfectly matched open water tiles. 2x2 and 4x4 both work fine on my end...

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”