KS Game Tile Trade Room

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS Game Tile Trade Room

Post by geekjeff » Fri May 22, 2015 11:43 pm

dungeonmastermark wrote:i dont blame you.. but having a mini standing on a wooden box...in a dungeon or cavern..
I figured if I really wanted a stone looking base, it's easy enough to give it the PVA glue and flock/gravel/whatever treatment, just like modding any other mini you don't care for the base of.

A good chunk of that is going to covered by whatever mini is standing on it anyways.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri May 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks Josh, you-da-man... :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri May 22, 2015 5:18 pm

William wrote:Hey Josh, what dimensions are the base units on the figure stands? I was thinking of lining up my 5 to use as a torch-lit raised stage in my tavern. I do hope to get some of the other lighted pieces you did for this kickstarter in the future, but I think I want to start with the Catacombs set when I start my quest for lighted pieces. Although that is, after the 3 round tables in the Tavern Set and 5 figure stands in the Capitol City pledge I'm waiting on. 8-)

By the way, where are our Cities, it's been many tens of thousands of seconds since we put our orders in the Pledge Manager? I know Stefan, it's going to be many millions of seconds until we see them at our doors.
Wow, that sounds horible. 18,000,000+ seconds........ :(
All I can remember, for sure, is the 1"x1" dimension... as for how deep, I believe they were 12-13mm, so that's just over 1/4". The depth could be reduced if no cap or lid was added, but instead was kept open.

Edit: that should be 8-9mm.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri May 22, 2015 1:23 pm

dungeonmastermark wrote:i like your work just fine....

i dont blame you.. but having a mini standing on a wooden box...in a dungeon or cavern..

i know its not your fault. its the technology( sadly there isn't a good way to do it) ...
Thanks for clearing that up, Mark. It initially read pretty bad from my end, but I see where you're coming from now.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 22, 2015 9:17 am

I ended up not getting any city base pledges so I will get no lighted stands. They are a nice free piece for lighting up any kind of DF setup. Very versatile, that is for sure.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Mydienon
Orc
Orc

Post by Mydienon » Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 am

Anyone who doesn't want their lighted mini stands, I'm happy to buy them. I can see them being useful in a lot of situations where I want a torch, but don't have the right torch-wall piece.

I like the idea of using them to mark which character has a light source, but I might not use them this way (because having figures standing on the base may put them up too high). As a terrain feature, though, I think they'll be a fun piece!

Anyway, once we see how much they cost (and whether they're available) in the DF store, I would be interested in purchasing them from someone who doesn't want them. Probably not a trade, though, unless you want old Magic cards or something else unrelated.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri May 22, 2015 7:08 am

Hey Josh, what dimensions are the base units on the figure stands? I was thinking of lining up my 5 to use as a torch-lit raised stage in my tavern. I do hope to get some of the other lighted pieces you did for this kickstarter in the future, but I think I want to start with the Catacombs set when I start my quest for lighted pieces. Although that is, after the 3 round tables in the Tavern Set and 5 figure stands in the Capitol City pledge I'm waiting on. 8-)

By the way, where are our Cities, it's been many tens of thousands of seconds since we put our orders in the Pledge Manager? I know Stefan, it's going to be many millions of seconds until we see them at our doors.
Wow, that sounds horible. 18,000,000+ seconds........ :(
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dungeonmastermark

Post by dungeonmastermark » Fri May 22, 2015 6:25 am

i like your work just fine....

i dont blame you.. but having a mini standing on a wooden box...in a dungeon or cavern..

i know its not your fault. its the technology( sadly there isn't a good way to do it) ...

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 pm

dungeonmastermark wrote:i will be trading all 20 of those hideous torch stands away...

hopefully i can find some more stairs..
Dude, you certainly didn't need to call them hideous... I'd thought you have enough respect for my work as I do for yours, but I guess not. I'm disappointed.

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Thu May 21, 2015 5:21 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Stormfury wrote:I'll have Several Lighted Torch LED Miniature Stands that I'd be willing to trade.
Help th confused - is this from KS 3?
Yes. It was the $2 Million Free Piece. :D

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”