The NEXT kickstarter?! Number 3!

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re:The NEXT kickstarter?! Number 3!

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 am

Round tower would be less modular...these can be put together to form massive keeps if wanted...Of course I have plans to do at least 1 round tower....if we can get to some stretch goals....but I will start with a square tower...my ideal scenario is to do it in dwarvenite, but to also do a very limited run in Resin:) It would cost more in Resin but i think there are some collectors who would want it in Resin...worse case scenario, if it all falls through, I will have the molds to make it personally in my home...so no matter what, my design will come to pass, my dream of the most beautiful and modular tower available will come to pass in some sort of form...

I am also experimenting with magnets, because they offer many possibilities....

For many years I basically worked alone...and it was often lonely....but these days I have many "dwarves" in my official DF office (not my living room anymore) and the creativity and passion, the sharing of minds near and far is awesome...sometimes there are 4-5 of us working 10-12 hours a day...we are working on so many exciting things....next year is going to be mind blowing...I promise!
Attachments
teaser_3.jpg
teaser_3.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 2776 times

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:39 am

I would certainly support a round tower, though I know it would probably be a lot more difficult to do.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Belakor
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Belakor » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:50 am

That is... Wow... Uneven stones FTW!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 am

@ Stefan -
Is that the clay you heat up to soften?
I like the resin type stone look as Kitenerd has mentioned, but I thought the tower was going to be round with all the talk in here. Don't get me wrong, I'll like whatever you come up with. 'Rock' on... :-)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

JasonYoung
Orc
Orc

Post by JasonYoung » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:38 am

Love the sneak preview Stefan. Looks great!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:30 am

holy sneak peeks batman! - I love the random free stacked stone look, it echos the mastermaze tumbled fieldstone - these pieces actually bridge teh two sets nicely - very cool

@brvheart - someone had to say it, i almost did, but decided not to mock the idea until it had a chance to be debated and expounded on ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Looks Awesome Stefan!!!

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Duncan_and_Dragons wrote:

[I posted this on the "New Town and Inn" KS3 thread, but this thread has more traffic.]

Radical Idea. I want future Game Tiles to have two "peg holes" in the side of the floors. Maybe 1/4" (this negotiable, maybe smaller?).

Why Peg Holes?
1- They can be ignored.
2- You can put a peg into them and make a SEMI-PERMANENT connection and or "floor/level" for building upward.
3- You can put a peg into them with GLUE and make a PERMANENT connection and or "floor/level" for build upward.
4- You can replace the pegs with 1/4" magnets to make "magnetic game tiles". The two holes allows you to alternate Negative and Positive. If the left is Negative and the right is Positive as you look at it, the tiles would always match (since the tiles rotate).

And finally it makes the material cost cheaper. I would then make a metal drill guide and retrofit my old "Game Tiles".

Or we could just go back to bow ties (ducking swiftly!).

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:28 pm

damn. wish the Dungeon Tiles had that texture.

Null
Orc
Orc

Post by Null » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 pm

That wall is indescribably beautiful.

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”