Any Semi-Official Updates on the Caverns KS?

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Re:Any Semi-Official Updates on the Caverns KS?

Post by dafrca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:05 pm

So they hit the goal in less than ten minutes. Got to love it. :-)

Tharmiones

Post by Tharmiones » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:42 pm

I still can't decide if I'll just back at 5 sets or like last year 6 sets.
Most likely only 5 sets + Addons.

International shipping is killing me. :(

granpappy77
Orc
Orc

Post by granpappy77 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love.

As for me? Likely a 3 set painted pledge, plus what add-ons I can afford. I may go down to 2 sets to get more add-ons, depending upon what they are. I'll probably be one of those people who inches us over that. One. Last...goal at the very end of the pledge cycle. I'll have no clue what kind of money I have to spend (or how bad my wife will freak) for awhile.

galladril
Orc
Orc

Post by galladril » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 pm

TK 266 wrote:

already seen a rant on the cost being "Too damn high!!!" on the KS comments, but if they had been wandering around here for the last 4 months they would have known the cost was going to be higher and why. rants without knowledge bother me

Stefan was very clear about this, a long time ago. I fully expected a 15% price increase. The molds are different, more advanced, and more costly. Let people complain - those that really care about this stuff already know what the deal is.

What p*sses me off is that someone actually is intimating that DF is trying to shill their customer base.

Uhm..isn't the whole POINT of Dwarvenite to make it more affordable, so that MORE people can enjoy it??

What is funny to me is that if you hop on eBay, there are 3 resin cavern sets being sold (after a simple cursory search) for $150-250 each.

I'm aware that this is resin vs dwarvenite...but it's an IMMEDIATE savings of 40 bucks...and people still complain?

Meh - screw em. I have my 3 painted sets pledged for, and am looking forward to the add-ons.

artcwolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by artcwolf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 pm

TK 266 wrote:

ARRGGGGG!! I can't pledge until i get home from work. promised the boys they could be in on the pledging. will be in for at least 3 unpainted, would love to move to 5, but need to see addons and $$ by the end of it.

already seen a rant on the cost being "Too damn high!!!" on the KS comments, but if they had been wandering around here for the last 4 months they would have known the cost was going to be higher and why. rants without knowledge bother me

yeah i'm waiting until i get home for the add-on prices,

I was wondering the price increase as well, but looking at the detail i can see why, if they watch the video they'll understand as well. let em complain.

TK 266
Orc
Orc

Post by TK 266 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm

ARRGGGGG!! I can't pledge until i get home from work. promised the boys they could be in on the pledging. will be in for at least 3 unpainted, would love to move to 5, but need to see addons and $$ by the end of it.

Order 66? Isn't that the Kung Pao Chicken?

artcwolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by artcwolf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm

amykins3 wrote:

Painting is really easy, and Stephan does really great videos to show you how. if you buy their paint its even easier.

I just put $1000 pledge in. depending on how it goes, I may do more. I am goind to do 10 sets unpainted and another 5 sets unpainted. That should get me close to $1k. if any extra sets come out I will probably drop more $$$.

Now is the time to splurge. the prices with all of the freebies will never be cheaper.

Heck I still have 10 sets of unpainted ones from the last KS.

Yeah i'm still painting the 2 sets and add-ons from last year :) wish i had your kind of $ to spend i'm look at $300 (other bills to pay with uncle sams refund. I did 2 sets and 4 add-ons last year.

Looking at the new pieces it's the added detail that i'm debating for painting lol. then again i can paint them other colors if i see fit buying them unpainted. And my kids like painting them too. you sold me Amy Thanks.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:04 pm

The now-removed preview image:
Attachments
DW_Preview.jpg
DW_Preview.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 1866 times

amykins3
Goblin
Goblin

Post by amykins3 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Painting is really easy, and Stephan does really great videos to show you how. if you buy their paint its even easier.

I just put $1000 pledge in. depending on how it goes, I may do more. I am goind to do 10 sets unpainted and another 5 sets unpainted. That should get me close to $1k. if any extra sets come out I will probably drop more $$$.

Now is the time to splurge. the prices with all of the freebies will never be cheaper.

Heck I still have 10 sets of unpainted ones from the last KS.

artcwolf
Goblin
Goblin

Post by artcwolf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:40 pm

i'd love to see the price for the add-ons :( I'm working with limited tax refund $ and i'd debating on painted or unpainted but the add-on price will make the difference in the set.

Return to “Kickstarter Updates”