Corner Posts

Kickstarter Updates - see the Kickstarter 4 Forum for updates on the current Kickstarter. This is for previous Kickstarters.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Corner Posts

Post by kitenerd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:33 pm

AM i the only one confused by the Straight Wall Connector?

By putting the V for a T wall in the MIDDLE, we will now have 2 1/4" strips on either side of the wall.

If we simply used an End Wall Post and a Corner Post next to each other one room would be 3 x 3 the other 3 1/2 x 3

Mainly the straight wall is for making larger rooms - i don't see the need for the groove at all
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:28 pm

LEGO! LEGO! LEGO!

Its almost all my boys ever got. We now have a Lego city (Margaritaville, complete with a big sign from a liquor store sale!) as well as 72 of those big grey parts boxes, full. All labelled with formal names ('Boy, bring me a Beam, 1x4, grey in color!'). And six of the silvered plastic buckes Lego used about a decade ago, for the massive number of 2x4 bricks. Not a huge collection, but enough.

The boys can now call parts with the best of 'em.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Exactly. The posts will be easy to store and organize. Setup time may be a bit more complicated but the flexibility is worth it in my opinion. After all, most of us are from the Lego generation.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Folks, the posts are tiny. Get a small adjustable parts box, reconfigure for post size, and fill it. All one type of post in one spot, all posts in one box.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod

Nikdo
Orc
Orc

Post by Nikdo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:49 pm

jchunick is spot on. I love the post + insert system for the flexibility and modularity. I really can't wait to get my hands on these.
Nikdo, Master Ratcatcher of Valoria

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:24 pm

geekjeff wrote:And that picture kind of nails a big part of why I'm not enthusiastic about this system. A pile of 8 different kinds of posts to paw through, hoping I have enough of whatever I'm looking for, assembling 9 different pieces to make a 4x4 room and hoping that nothing is warped.

Versus plopping down four 2x2 tiles and done. Still REALLY hoping for Dwarvenite MBS. The new sculpts really do look more detailed than the old resin MBS and the durability would be great.
I tend to have a sliding scale. In my mind, these are the users' wants:
1. Modularity
2. Simplicity
3. Aesthetics

The fact is either a universal post is made that addresses various wall configurations so we get ultimate simplicity and modularity but sacrifice aesthetics, or we have 4 or 5 variations for ultimate aesthetics and modularity but sacrifice simplicity.

I would tend to say I'm in the camp where aesthetics and modularity typically win out over simplicity and modularity, but it's a close race - very close.
Last edited by jchunick on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 am

And that picture kind of nails a big part of why I'm not enthusiastic about this system. A pile of 8 different kinds of posts to paw through, hoping I have enough of whatever I'm looking for, assembling 9 different pieces to make a 4x4 room and hoping that nothing is warped.

Versus plopping down four 2x2 tiles and done. Still REALLY hoping for Dwarvenite MBS. The new sculpts really do look more detailed than the old resin MBS and the durability would be great.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:39 am

Did this a few days ago and didn't really have much to say about it, but thought I would share it anyway.
Corner Post configurations -
Post  Ideas.jpg
Post Ideas.jpg (154.76 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
Non wall 4-corner post (something like this from MBS) -
Post.jpg
Post.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
Also, thanks for the Birthday wishes, I had a good day. :D
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Mitch
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mitch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:15 am

kitenerd wrote:Why would we buy more corner posts?
I think the Update said it was to support the Door Set add-on pack. Nasty how you have to buy an add-on to use another add-on though.

Dolken
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Dolken » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:53 pm

I will buy more posts as i will make more floors "larger ones" with wood and sculpt on top with clay and green stuff and create a single floor just in multiples of 4 inches and with the posts and walls i will create a 20" x 20" full inn that can be single piece and level that are one piece with no need to have posts in the middle of the floors.